We are removing the VirtualDesktops plugin from the build as of Rainmeter 4.0. This is due to:
1) Neither VirtuaWin or Dexpot are particularly relevant, now that similar capabilities are built-into Windows 10.
2) VirtuaWin in particular has not been updated in many years, and there is no reason to expect that it even works in Win10.
3) The web site for support for Dexpot has been unreachable for a long time, and I'm not even sure they are still breathing.
4) A general lack of interest in the plugin by our users.
If you are still on Win7, or otherwise still use VirtuaWin or Dexpot, you can get the 32bit and 64bit versions of the Rainmeter plugin here:
The plugin will be removed from the distribution of Rainmeter 4.0. If you are upgrading from Rainmeter 3.3, it will still be in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins, and will continue to work. If you are installing a "clean" version of Rainmeter 4.0, you will just need to copy the correct 32bit or 64bit version of the .dll from the .zip above to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins.
The Rainmeter 3.3 version of the manual page for VirtualDesktops can be downloaded here, and kept for reference:
It is currently April 11th, 2021, 11:56 am
Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.0 beta cycle.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 21614
- Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
- Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA