It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:22 pm

Running processes list

General topics related to Rainmeter.
vitorAJ

Running processes list

Post by vitorAJ »

Hi everyone.
New to the Rainmeter world, coming from Samurize and XP (now 7).

Does Rainmeter give the possibility to show a skin with the X processes running sorted by "start time" instead of mem usage?
If yes, which plugin & command line?

Thanks for your help.
Dreossk

Re: Running processes list

Post by Dreossk »

I'm also looking for that. I have a skin to show the top 5 in CPU usage but how do I show them all?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Maybe it's not what you're searching... New Perfmon Plugin ...but it could interest.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have 89 separate processes running. I can't imagine why I would want to display a list of them on my desktop.
Dreossk

Post by Dreossk »

I have 64 processes and every one of them is verified and commented in Process Explorer and has a reason to be running.

I was able to show a list of process using a combination of AutoHotkey to build the list and Rainmeter to display it. It could all be done with just AutoHotkey but I like playing with Rainmeter now. I briefly checked the New Perfmon plugin but from what I could gather the code would be very big and it would be a pain to adapt it to my OS language.
TheRealDjElite

Post by TheRealDjElite »

jsmorley wrote: November 12th, 2015, 10:42 pm I have 89 separate processes running. I can't imagine why I would want to display a list of them on my desktop.
You don't have to "imagine" anything.

It's what the OP and other users want.
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. Fac ut vivas.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TheRealDjElite wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 7:59 pm You don't have to "imagine" anything.

It's what the OP and other users want.
That's just a figure of speech... I can literally imagine all manner of things.

However, what I really can't imagine, literally, is what possible value anyone finds in gravedigging a 6-year old thread just to take a shot at someone.
NodNGrunt

Post by NodNGrunt »

I totally just registered on here just to reply to that last comment........ouch! LMAO! I mean really, I laughed and the hag turned her head to see what could possibly be going on that would cause joy in my house that brought out laughter. I quickly removed the smile, clinked the chain and returned to grinding bones and smashing dreams and hopes. But thanks!