jsmorley
Developer

RainSend 3.0

Post by jsmorley »

RainSend
RainSend.jpg
Download
RainSendInst.zip
RainSend is an addon utility for Notepad++. When installed, it will create two entries under the "Run" menu item in Notepad++ called "RainSend" and "Rainmeter Help".

RainSend - This will open a dialog allowing you to select and insert Rainmeter components into an open .ini or .inc file.
Rainmeter Help - This will search the Rainmeter online documentation for the keyword your cursor is on, or any highlighted text.

Installing RainSend

Simply run the RainSendInst.exe program. If you have installed Notepad++ as "portable", you will need to browse to the folder containing the Notepad++.exe program.

Note: You will need to be using an account in Windows with administrator security. If you have problems with RainSendInst.exe, try using "Run as Administrator" when you execute it. Depending on your account settings, Windows may prompt for an administrator password. If it does and you can't provide the password, you will not be able to do the installation.

Using RainSend

To use RainSend, simply select the command from the "Run" menu. A dialog will appear that lists the major components of a Rainmeter skin in a tree:

+ Measures
+ Meters
+ Plugins
+ Other

Opening one of the tree items will list the different types of [Sections] available for the component. For instance:

+ Measures
- Calc
- CPU

+ Meters
- Bar
- Bitmap

Selecting one of these and clicking "Send" at the bottom of the dialog will send a template of the item to the currently open Rainmeter .ini or .inc file.

[MeterBar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=
X=
Y=
W=
H=
BarColor=
BarOrientation=
;Flip=
;BarImage=
;BarBorder=
;ImageCrop=
;Greyscale=
;ImageTint=
;ImageFlip=
;ImageRotate=
;ImageAlpha=

Simply uncomment to use or remove any of the optional settings it provides.

Changing RainSend

The templates that are used in RainSend are stored their own folder in the settings folder for Notepad++ (normally C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\NotePad++\RainSend\).

You can open these template files and edit them to add or remove items that are sent to the open file. Entire component trees can be added or removed by editing the file RainSend.Files in the same folder.

Removing RainSend

RainSend can be removed by simply deleting the RainSend folder from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\NotePad++, and then using the "Settings / ShortCut Mapper / Run Commands" menu item to remove "RainSend" and / or "Rainmeter Help" from the interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Active Colors

Re: RainSend 2.0

Post by Active Colors »

This is very helpful and convenient. Thank you!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainSend 2.0 Correction Needed

Post by eclectic-tech »

Really Handy Tool!

In using, I just noticed that the 'ToolTipHidden=' for the [Rainmeter] section, inserts:

'ToolTipHiddenDefault='

Thanks for saving me lots of typing and trying to remember all the keyword options! :great:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Really Handy Tool!

In using, I just noticed that the 'ToolTipHidden=' for the [Rainmeter] section, inserts:

'ToolTipHiddenDefault='

Thanks for saving me lots of typing and trying to remember all the keyword options! :great:

You're welcome. I'll have to look at all of the templates to be sure they are up to date as well.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Jeff,

I ran into a serious problem with PhysicalMemory in RainSend...

When I tried to add a PhysicalMemory measure, RainSend started sending blank lines to Notepad++
and basically lockup the PC in an endless loop! :o

I needed to physically kill the power to my PC and reboot to find out what happened...

I downloaded a fresh copy of your zip file above and installed it. Everything worked fine UNTIL I tried the PhysicalMemory measure again... same thing... LOCKED UP THE PC!

In looking at the RainSend folder in Notepad++, I found the MeasurePhysicalMemory.txt file is NOT in the folder with all the other RainSend files.

I created one following your framework, and now there is no problem.

Code: Select all

[MeasurePhysMemTotal]
Measure=PhysicalMemory
Total=1
UpdateDivider=3600
; This is Total RAM

[MeasurePhysMemUsed]
Measure=PhysicalMemory
UpdateDivider=2
; This is RAM Used

[MeasurePhysMemFree]
Measure=PhysicalMemory
InvertMeasure=1
UpdateDivider=2
; This is RAM Free

But you need to get the zip file corrected or others may experience the endless loop issue and not be able to close RainSend, or Shutdown the PC, using any method other than pulling the plug!

Not sure if you can put an error check in the code, to prevent this, in case a user accidentally deletes one of the files?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'll certainly take a look at this.
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

:o I noticed that file MeasurePhysicalMemory.txt does not exist, but it is listed under Measures (as you see in RainSend.files).

Thanks eclectic-tech for this information.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote:I'll certainly take a look at this.
Thanks, I know you don't need any additional work!

I think most skin authors who use your great tool will be able to correct it themselves, but the 'uninitiated' could be in for a shock!

Aside:
While I was at it, I added text files for the String measure with IfMatch codes, added IfCondition code to the Calc measure, added the new AudioLevel measure, and added On{Connect|RegExp|Download}Error... codes to the Webparser meaure.

With those additions, everything looks up-to-date and working great! :thumbup:

Thanks again for all your support Jeff :great:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Made some additions, updates and corrections to the templates. Get the latest installer from the first post in this thread:

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94894#p94894

Just run the installer to update your existing version.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: Thanks, I know you don't need any additional work!

I think most skin authors who use your great tool will be able to correct it themselves, but the 'uninitiated' could be in for a shock!

Aside:
While I was at it, I added text files for the String measure with IfMatch codes, added IfCondition code to the Calc measure, added the new AudioLevel measure, and added On{Connect|RegExp|Download}Error... codes to the Webparser meaure.

With those additions, everything looks up-to-date and working great! :thumbup:

Thanks again for all your support Jeff :great:
Updated the .zip with some additions and corrections of my own, as well as your excellent suggestions. Thanks!