It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:44 pm

Failed installation- Upgrade to beta

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Executieve Assassin

Failed installation- Upgrade to beta

Post by Executieve Assassin »

Failed installation- update to latest-Beta version.

After downloading the latest version of Rainmeter I had issues installing it. please see attached error message. I think I am currently running 2. something sorry not sure how to determine the current version.

Some of the things I have tried to resolve the issue;

1) Uninstall the old version [ However the program is not visible in my uninstall program list]
2) Manual delete of old files, I manually deleted the file in the programs folder and also any files in the Appdata folder.
3) Even tried disabling my antivirus before install
4) Tried copying files from a working installation from my laptop to no avail.

Each attempt has been to no avail constantly receiving the same error message. has anyone got any ideas ?

I am thinking about changing my name to King of the NOOBS.. my apologies for the annoying Questions..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Failed installation- Upgrade to beta

Post by jsmorley »

Try running the installer "As administrator".
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Executieve Assassin

Post by Executieve Assassin »

Jsmorley your a Tech wizard! ...Thanks for your help mate I owe you a beer!

That's was such a simple fix I'm embarrassed lol
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Executieve Assassin wrote:Jsmorley your a Tech wizard! ...Thanks for your help mate I owe you a beer!

That's was such a simple fix I'm embarrassed lol
No reason to be. What happens is that on some systems (and I'm not quite sure why or how the "account" running the installer is set up to cause this) our installer can't "elevate" to have the right permissions to get the current language/locale settings for the "all users" account. So it just craps its pants and assumes the first language in the list, "Arabic", which on a system that in fact isn't in Arabic, causes just hideous amounts of problems.

Nothing terribly intuitive about that from the behavior, and even if you could read or translate that error dialog, trust me, it's no help either. It roughly translates to "I've fallen and I can't get up!".

Glad you got it working ok in any case.