It is currently July 2nd, 2024, 8:08 am

Running VBS script from button

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
LuciferVisuals

Re: Running VBS script from button

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: April 16th, 2023, 6:08 pm the one you started with (I assume).
I wrote my first line of code on the 4th April this year (give or take a day or so either way), following the instructions in the beginners tutorial....
Seems like a lifetime ago LOL.

Thanks, for the help.

Keith
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 16th, 2023, 9:20 pmI Tried using LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "Stargates\Childlock" "Childlock.ini"] BUT it wont work, (Different directory, I assume). So have to use !ToggleConfig, Which works perfectly, no errors or warnings, BUT (AND HERE IS THE PROBLEM) I always have to click the button twice. I would like to only click the button once.
Just so you know, activating the config works, that's not the problem. The problem here is that the config is already activated when you try to activate it via that bang (since the code only hides it when the password is entered correctly). That explains why you need to toggle it twice (the first time to deactivate it, the second time to activate it again). Therefore, there are 3 possible solutions here:
1) toggle it twice in the same action (e.g. [!ToggleConfig ...][!ToggleConfig ...], optionally with a delay between them)
2) show it instead of activating it (e.g. [!ShowFade ...], if you want to keep it loaded at all times, that is)
3) deactivate it before trying to activate it again (e.g. [!DeactivateConfig ...][!ActivateConfig ...], if activating is preferred)
Choosing either of the above variants is subject to your preference and how you'd like the skin to behave. Of course, proper delays can be inserted at any point in the process, if they are necessary. None of the above would require two mouse clicks, since they would happen in the same action anyway.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 16th, 2023, 10:29 pm that's not the problem.
No the problem is me, :???: I'm too impatient. Realised earlier that I wrote my first line of code two weeks ago, and still haven't read the manual, :Whistle well only the first page. Then immediately thought OH I can do this..... lol. The problem is while my "Bull in a china shop" approach tends to gets really quick results, it leaves gaping gaps in my understanding, so I end up doing it all the hard way. Going round and round in circles. And I'm just a tad stubborn, or very determined and independent, (depending on who you ask) :twisted: :twisted: . BTW, I'm not getting negative, just a long way beyond tired.

I promised myself I will not look at this tomorrow. But, I will come back to it fresh the following day and try all those out and see what one works best for my skin. I knew there must be a simple solution, I just couldn't find it (should of read the manual I suppose) but I got to the point where I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Keith

Hope my smilies show, they don't on my screen atm, so I assume they will when I submit this, something else new to me. but fun if they work.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 16th, 2023, 11:12 pmThe problem is while my "Bull in a china shop" approach tends to gets really quick results, it leaves gaping gaps in my understanding, so I end up doing it all the hard way.
Yeah, I always go for understanding first, since that is the key to unlock all the goodies that the rest of me can then put into practice. But determination and (reasonable) stubbornness is good, it helps compensate any other area where one was less efficient.
No smilies this time, you used them all above...
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 16th, 2023, 11:36 pm I always go for understanding first,
The smilies are cool. 8-)

I am having the day off, I just thought I would check mail, as I'm from the generation who would consider it rude not to answer it, asap, So this is all I'm doing today.

By now I have learnt that I don't appear to be able to learn that way. I have to get to a certain point myself first. Once I finish this project, and I think it's nearly there, (mind you I thought that last week lol, before I was told about the error log :o ) Then I'll try to go through the manual and by then it will mean something to me. I'll start with a new blank page and start putting things in it and see where it goes... :TrainRight OOH! more smilies.

Keep thinking of things I want to ask, but going to fight the impulse..... I can do this..,.. I am going to concentrate on not concentrating today :beer:

Forgot to thank you last night.

Keith

BTW here is my revised child lock code, looks same as original, at first glance, but actually it't pretty diff from the original now, I posted the image before If you actually want to try it, that goes in Stargates\@Resources\Images\Icons as lock-icon.png. :thumbup:
Wont use so many smilies in future... Just the novelty of something new.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 16th, 2023, 11:36 pm go for understanding first
Forgot to include the child lock, got carried away with smilies. (Fight impuls to find one)!

k
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

LuciferVisuals wrote: April 17th, 2023, 7:09 amThe smilies are cool. 8-)
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 17th, 2023, 7:09 amI'll start with a new blank page and start putting things in it and see where it goes...
Got it, you're the shoot first, ask later type. Me likes to know how to shoot so that the target is not missed.
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 17th, 2023, 7:09 amKeep thinking of things I want to ask, but going to fight the impulse..... I can do this..,.. I am going to concentrate on not concentrating today
Take a deep breath and prepare to go into meditation mode...
LuciferVisuals wrote: April 17th, 2023, 7:09 amBTW here is my revised child lock code, looks same as original, at first glance, but actually it't pretty diff from the original now
Except that the file is identical to the last one you posted - my file manager's comparison says so. :D
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 17th, 2023, 9:07 am Image

Your showing off now, was going to reply with a gif of a fake virus, but promised self wouldn't work on anything today, just back from LONG walk with dog, who has been sulking because I haven't spent much time with him. :-(

Sorry if I sent wrong one I wasn't really paying much attention this morning, but all my versions are much more different to the orig than they look at first sight.

I wasn't aware File Manager could do that, assume it's more reliable and honest than System Restore, which said none of my documents would be affected, then wiped out every single .ini file in my stargate directory, except ironically the *^$#ing ChildLock.ini. The last changer were minor but significant in effect, I assume it does more than Check the name, date, filesize and Run a Checksum?

Anyway back to the grinD :17denial

Keith
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 17th, 2023, 9:07 am shoot first, ask later type.
More the if at first you don't succeed, hide any evidence that you tried in the first place.

Present.

TBH finding out how to do it.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

Yincognito wrote: April 17th, 2023, 9:07 am

Take a deep breath and prepare to go into meditation mode...
Didn't work Trying again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.