It is currently September 30th, 2024, 11:35 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Fulton

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by Fulton »

The latest update to spotify seems to have broken something.
Everything was working fine on Windows 10, as I went back to 8.1 I copied the whole rainmeter folder and got a new update to spotify (added lyrics and the player now closes when pressing the X close button instead of going to the tray). After that the plugin could not read track or artist, only album. Tried with the CLN plugin that scotri posted.
It now looks like what damonmorder posted.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

@Fulton, @Damonmorder

This is still not my plugin, but the NowPlaying plugin that is broken.
Just make sure this is what the ini file says (It currently isnt). These measures already exist so be sure to replace them inside the ini.

Code: Select all

[MeasureTitle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=ArtistName
redsaph

Post by redsaph »

Hey .raptor!

I want to ask something... When I use the Position type in a string, it returns too many decimals... How can I lessen it? (1 to no decimal place sounds good)

NumOfDecimals doesn't work... xD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rainmeter-er since 2013 :welcome: | My DeviantART
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

redsaph wrote:Hey .raptor!

I want to ask something... When I use the Position type in a string, it returns too many decimals... How can I lessen it? (1 to no decimal place sounds good)

NumOfDecimals doesn't work... xD
Updated first post with example and new version!
redsaph

Post by redsaph »

.raptor wrote: Updated first post with example and new version!
Sweet! Thanks man!
Rainmeter-er since 2013 :welcome: | My DeviantART
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Haven't encountered any major issues so far (other than the Private Session limitation).

Would it be possible for the Spotify plugin to retrieve the player state? Aside from the basic Forward/Reverse and Play/Pause bangs, the only part of NowPlaying that is consistently working is the Status function (which can easily be outsourced to the Process plugin if needed).

PRIVATE SESSION ISSUE WORKAROUND: Instead of entering "Private Session" simply disable "Publish my activity on Spotify" and/or "Share my activity on Facebook." This will hide your activity but not effect the plugin.
Alendorian

Post by Alendorian »

Hey, Raptor is there anyway why in the song title's that the ' don't work sometimes?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

exper1mental wrote:Haven't encountered any major issues so far (other than the Private Session limitation).

Would it be possible for the Spotify plugin to retrieve the player state? Aside from the basic Forward/Reverse and Play/Pause bangs, the only part of NowPlaying that is consistently working is the Status function (which can easily be outsourced to the Process plugin if needed).

PRIVATE SESSION ISSUE WORKAROUND: Instead of entering "Private Session" simply disable "Publish my activity on Spotify" and/or "Share my activity on Facebook." This will hide your activity but not effect the plugin.
Playing, shuffle and repeat can be measured yes. Documentation on the first page :)

Alendorian wrote:Hey, Raptor is there anyway why in the song title's that the ' don't work sometimes?
Never seen this issue before, would you be so kind to post a few of the songs that doesnt work? (preferably spotify uris)
Alendorian

Post by Alendorian »

Example as of now this one doesn't work. https://open.spotify.com/track/1gQJHAGl0QX8IZGcVnSCpP
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Alendorian wrote:Example as of now this one doesn't work. https://open.spotify.com/track/1gQJHAGl0QX8IZGcVnSCpP
Works just fine here, both with the new and the old version of spotify. Is it just the ' that disappears or is it the entire string?