It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:53 pm

[Script] Lua Marquee

Discuss the use of Lua in Script measures.
koutamarto

Re: [Script] Lua Marquee

Post by koutamarto »

Thanks for the script got it working easily enough
Quick question.
Say I have 2 Marquees.
Track & Artist. If one is shorter than the other they sort of get out of sync. Is it possible to have them stay in sync or if not is it possible to have multiple lines in one marquee?

Cheers
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

donutmtoazt wrote: August 9th, 2011, 2:50 am I don't know if anyone else encountered this, but the text starts to become consumed after it scrolls if StringAlign=RIGHT is used. I guess it's not a huge problem when it comes to a marquee, but I decided to mention it. I ended up editing it to make it restart when it reached the end before I realized that fixing the align would resolve the issue.

Besides that hiccup on my part, this script will be very useful for some projects of mine. Thanks! :D
Hello! I know its been a long time, but I wondered if there was a solution to the right align problem. As i really need it! :)
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

smurfier wrote: August 9th, 2011, 3:04 am This is because the script only adds spaces onto the beginning of the string. I will look into fixing this issue.
Hello :) Just wondered if this ever got fixed.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

RoseRain wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:55 pm Hello :) Just wondered if this ever got fixed.
Nope... but in the 11 years since this was posted, changes to Rainmeter allow for other ways to achieve marquees.

Have look at this method by raiguard: Simple Text Marquee
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

eclectic-tech wrote: July 5th, 2022, 8:13 pm Nope... but in the 11 years since this was posted, changes to Rainmeter allow for other ways to achieve marquees.

Have look at this method by raiguard: Simple Text Marquee
I actually tired that one in the link, it works great for left alignment, but again, messes up with right or center alignment. Thank you though for your reply :)
freakycat

Post by freakycat »

is it possible to show anything that is within brackets in the title of the nowplaing.title?
eg actual songtitle in winamp: ABCB - Titlename (feat. someone i dont know)
actual output atm: Title: Titlename
Band: ABCB
i am no lua scripter, so please give me advice on what i have to edit in there, thanks