It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:10 am

How can one get a table's length?

Discuss the use of Lua in Script measures.
kyriakos876

Re: How can one get a table's length?

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote:No, it doesn't... ;-)
Okay, you have every right to hate me right now, BUT what if I have a .txt file with the edited data and use this to read/write with the .lua script and use @Include=This.txt on the main .ini file that will be encoded as it should? Wouldn't that fix the encoding issues?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote:Okay, you have every right to hate me right now, BUT what if I have a .txt file with the edited data and use this to read/right with the .lua script and use @Include=This.txt on the main .ini file that will be encoded as it should? Wouldn't that fix the encoding issues?
I haven't tested, but I think that might work, as long as the .txt file has no encoding, and contains no Unicode or characters from the "Extended ASCII" part of the ASCII table. If you stay with characters 1-127 of the ASCII table, that might work.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote:I haven't tested, but I think that might work, as long as the .txt file has no encoding, and contains no Unicode or characters from the "Extended ASCII" part of the ASCII table. If you stay with characters 1-127 of the ASCII table, that might work.
I hear you loud and clear. The plan never was to have my Greek name on the bottom of the .txt file, written with Greek characters as a signature anyway. :)