It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:42 pm

GREETINGS!

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Captain

GREETINGS!

Post by Captain »

GREETINGS to everyone willing to click on this page to see what i have to say! I found rainmeter recently and i must say there are some incredible desktops. Now it is my attempt to create something equally amazing. However at this juncture i have no idea what i'm doing. I've been messing with it for a few hours today *cough*5 hours*cough* and still don't understand anything. Prepare yourselves experience people i will be shooting many questions out at you.

First off, to make the super awesome things, do you have to mess with the skins in the notepad page to what you want?
JpsCrazy

Re: GREETINGS!

Post by JpsCrazy »

Captain wrote:First off, to make the super awesome things, do you have to mess with the skins in the notepad page to what you want?
Ehhh, more or less. You could use any text editor (non-formatted I believe. An example of formatted would be Word. [I wonder if formatted is the right word..]) A popular choice is Notepad++ but regular Notepad will do just fine. Wordpad should work too.

And not everything has to be done in Notepad. You can move, set desktop position (bottom, top, on desktop, etc), close/open skins, and so on without it.
To edit a skin and change what it actually is, yes, you do need to edit it in some form.

I know no one likes to read, but really reading through Rainmeter 101 will help a tremendous amount. Also, skim through, or really read The Manual (or the Beta Manual if you're using 1.3). After you've took all that in, and you want a little more: Tips and Tricks.
The best ways to learn the ways of Rainmeter is to:
1.) Try to make skins. Consult The Manual for help and Skin Tutorials if applicable.
2.) Open up someone else's skin you like and see how they did it. That should give you some ideas for your skins.
Captain

Post by Captain »

ok. thanks for the information. yeave been reading the things, but its been confusing me. i guess i just have mess with it to gain a better understanding of how it all works
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Yeah, hands on is the best approach.
The more you mess around with editing skins, the more you'll understand. (Hopefully.)