It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:57 am

Hey guys, couple questions

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
link23

Hey guys, couple questions

Post by link23 »

Hey guys! I just discovered Rainmeter yesterday so I'm trying to see if I can learn how to use it... so far it's been fun and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. But I have a few questions...

How can I change Windows' workstation default? I've seen the entry in the tutuorial saying to set DesktopWorkArea=0,0,1500,1200 in the Rainmeter.ini file, but for some reason I can't find that file... help??

Also is there a simple/easy way to hide the windows taskbar and make it so that my applications have title bars in the Rainmeter taskbar when i start rainmeter?

Thanks!
JpsCrazy

Re: Hey guys, couple questions

Post by JpsCrazy »

Search in your %AppData% folder under Rainmeter.

Right click on your taskbar, make sure it's not locked and resize it so it's touching the edge of the screen. It should be 'hidden' (a few pixels on the edge of your screen)
There are more in complete ways to do it, search the forum or google it.
Keep in mind, if you minimize a window without having a taskbar or a program similar to Object dock, the only way to get back to it is Alt(Or Win)+Tab.

And titles?
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Hey guys, couple questions

Post by dragonmage »

Rainmeter cannot replace the functionality of your taskbar. You cannot get task buttons for your active windows.