It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:42 am

Another new guy

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Old Mate

Another new guy

Post by Old Mate »

Hi all, my name's Brad and I don't really have a clue about this kind of stuff but am trying to learn. Saw some really cool designs on here that have inspired me to have a crack myself. While I'm here I may as well ask a quick stupid question.

So I want to use the second world skin for weather and I know have to get the weather code off the yahoo site and enter it to get weather for my location. All well and good except where is the code? I can't find it on the site.
Benjamin Linus

Re: Another new guy

Post by Benjamin Linus »

:welcome: Brad.

Click the RSS icon on the yahoo weather page which should give the weather code.
Old Mate

Post by Old Mate »

Thanks for the welcome and the tip Ben. I've got that sorted now and now have another question lol. I got rocket dock and downloaded a couple groups of icons. I've moved them to the icon folder in rocket dock but whenever I select them they're displayed as a blank page. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I read the online tutorial but I've done what it said already.
Nashen

Post by Nashen »

I've never had that problem, my advice is to make your own icons out of PGN images. here is a good online converter:

http://www.convertico.com/

Also :welcome: to the forums, do enjoy your stay.
Old Mate

Post by Old Mate »

Thanks Nashen, all good now though. They still don't work but I've tried some others and they work fine and I'm happy with them