It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:35 pm

Hey all

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Sumjano

Hey all

Post by Sumjano »

My name is Sumjano & I'm just getting started with using Rainmeter to design my own custom desktop & theme for dual monitors. Would be great if someone could recommend a basic design that I could download & play around with as a starting point(so much to learn!). My long term goal is to create a sci-fi design that leaning towards the minimalist side of things. I am influenced by some of the designs I've seen, including Mass Effect, Halo & some of the Avengers stuff too. Cool as they are, they seem a a bit cluttered & busy to me. I have come across some minimalist designs that are not sci-fi that got me thing why could I not combine the two? Ultimately, I would like my desktop to give you a feeling of looking out a window into space with HUD display that seems to be projected directly into your optical nerves, like something out of a Peter F. Hamilton novel.. As you can see, I really don't want much at all!!! lol :D

Anyway, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. let's see where this goes...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Hey all

Post by balala »

Sumjano wrote:My name is Sumjano & I'm just getting started with using Rainmeter to design my own custom desktop & theme for dual monitors. Would be great if someone could recommend a basic design that I could download & play around with as a starting point(so much to learn!). My long term goal is to create a sci-fi design that leaning towards the minimalist side of things. I am influenced by some of the designs I've seen, including Mass Effect, Halo & some of the Avengers stuff too. Cool as they are, they seem a a bit cluttered & busy to me. I have come across some minimalist designs that are not sci-fi that got me thing why could I not combine the two? Ultimately, I would like my desktop to give you a feeling of looking out a window into space with HUD display that seems to be projected directly into your optical nerves, like something out of a Peter F. Hamilton novel.. As you can see, I really don't want much at all!!! lol :D

Anyway, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. let's see where this goes...
Welcome aboard Sumjano,

Not sure anyone can make a good recommendation, because what are you creating depends especially on your need and taste. Make a search on the Share Your Creation section of this forum and on DeviantArt.com, where you can find a lot of different works of a lot of different users. Probably you'll find a good starting point.
If you have some specific question, feel free to post it and probably you'll quickly get reply.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Sumjano wrote:My name is Sumjano & I'm just getting started with using Rainmeter to design my own custom desktop & theme for dual monitors. Would be great if someone could recommend a basic design that I could download & play around with as a starting point(so much to learn!). My long term goal is to create a sci-fi design that leaning towards the minimalist side of things. I am influenced by some of the designs I've seen, including Mass Effect, Halo & some of the Avengers stuff too. Cool as they are, they seem a a bit cluttered & busy to me. I have come across some minimalist designs that are not sci-fi that got me thing why could I not combine the two? Ultimately, I would like my desktop to give you a feeling of looking out a window into space with HUD display that seems to be projected directly into your optical nerves, like something out of a Peter F. Hamilton novel.. As you can see, I really don't want much at all!!! lol :D

Welcome, if you want a starting point I made a very simple one that you can look at and use for your creation.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=132157

It does not use any extra programs to get the data but only standard Windows and Rainmeter things. Like balala said make something up. that is how we all started. Good luck
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Sumjano

Post by Sumjano »

Thank you!