It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:48 am

Hello all

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Pherean

Hello all

Post by Pherean »

Hi all,

I've only found out about Rainmeter yesterday evening, but I'm already in love. Trying to create my own skin is seems to be a very fun, but daunting task. At the moment I'm trying to create a simple weather application, and trying to learn how XML and RSS works. So far so good, for every single website except, of course, weather.com. The URL itself is correct and I can visit the feed in my browser, but my own skin, and now also some premade, don't seem to download anything anymore.

I hope to see you at the help-forums. :D
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Hello all

Post by jsmorley »

Pherean

Post by Pherean »

Thanks for the link, but I had already read it by the time I wrote that post. As the other one or two topics on the subject.
Luckily, when I booted my computer this morning, it all miraculously worked! I guess I was blocked for requesting to much information or something? But that would not explain why I was able to get to the feed via firefox. A well, all is good and I can continu making stuff :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Pherean wrote:Thanks for the link, but I had already read it by the time I wrote that post. As the other one or two topics on the subject.
Luckily, when I booted my computer this morning, it all miraculously worked! I guess I was blocked for requesting to much information or something? But that would not explain why I was able to get to the feed via firefox. A well, all is good and I can continu making stuff :)
Sometimes if you are testing, and you repeatedly refresh a skin with WebParser, it can "hang" if you are asking it to "go get the site" before it is done getting the information from the last call to it. Simpy restarting Rainmeter will correct this if it happens. Quite rare, but we have seen it from time to time.
Pherean

Post by Pherean »

Ah thanks, that explains a lot. I guessed I should have tried turning it off and on again.