It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:07 pm

Newest visitor to the Valley of Lost Souls...

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Cordemanon

Newest visitor to the Valley of Lost Souls...

Post by Cordemanon »

Konichiwa, Bienvenue, Aloha, and Hello in whatever language you choose.
To say that I'm new to Rainmeter would be the epitome of understatement; I've only been messing with the program for about a week now, but I have invested some serious time in reading the online documentation (which amounts to over 200 pages of reading just for the basic tutorials! :o ) and I seem to have come to a bit of an impasse.

In all of my wanderings through Deviantart and the Rainmeter Hub, I have seen a plethora of skins for audio players and gallery slideshows and what I haven't seen is a single skin that will allow me to play a video file in a compressed window ( I did have a Windows Gadget at one time that was a Sidebar video player, but lost it when my laptop decided to digest its Windows 7 OS)

I guess what I want to know this: is there any possible method of forcing a video playback program such as Windows Media Player to work in a small window (say, 320x180 px to maintain 16:9 ratio)?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
"So, Nobody did the job that Anybody could have done because Everybody assumed that Somebody would do it."
Story of my life...
NegativeIQ

Re: Newest visitor to the Valley of Lost Souls...

Post by NegativeIQ »

As newbie to newbie, dont know about WMP but you can do it with VLC, you can actually force any aspect ratio you want, including non standard/custom...If you want to play it using rainmeter i have no idea how can you do it as i dont know any video players for rainmeter.
alexau

Re: Newest visitor to the Valley of Lost Souls...

Post by alexau »

nice to meet you. im Alex