It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:17 pm

Rainmeterhub new site

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
rainmeterhub

Rainmeterhub new site

Post by rainmeterhub »

Hello everyone,

I was frustrated with how long it was taking me to sift through skins on DeviantArt and Customize.org, so I made Rainmeterhub.com.

http://rainmeterhub.com/

I'd love any suggestions you might have for the site. Additionally, feel free to submit a skin!

Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeterhub new site

Post by jsmorley »

The only thing we would like to see is a more clear indication on the site that it is "unofficial". Nothing against you or your effort, but we are very particular about making it clear that the only official site is http://rainmeter.net, the only official documentation is http://docs.rainmeter.net, and the while we welcome this kind of "community" activity, we don't "endorse" any site other than the official one.

In any case, the site looks nice, and there is nothing wrong with another place to get good skins. If it turns out that you are very careful about what you allow to be posted, so users can have confidence in what they get from there, and you make an effort to ensure that skins are of some value, are not just compilations (or outright theft) of other people's work, and are entirely non-commercial, it might be a valuable resource.
rainmeterhub

Post by rainmeterhub »

Thanks for the feedback!

I know its relatively new, but ow established would the site have to be in order to get a link under the "discover" tab?
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

I'd like to also suggest adding the ability for users to create accounts to submit skins so they can edit previous posts instead of adding new ones for the same skin. In addition, accounts could be used so that people don't have to enter their information in everytime they go to leave a comment (although having the ability to leave a comment without an account is a great idea).

The ability to view the number of downloads (and maybe also views and comments) when browsing skins would be awesome!

I have no idea how feasible it would be to add those things but if possible it would be great to have them.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Looks great! However I would make that opaque red color when tile is hovered into transparent red. :great:
Grim

Post by Grim »

exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

I'd love to see a comments section added below the description of submissions, as well as a way to edit and update submissions.