It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:54 pm

Love it! latest New Guy

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Rabbid0281

Love it! latest New Guy

Post by Rabbid0281 »

So I came across this while my buddy was searching /wg/ and did some cyber walking. I got most of it all set up after the install, and am still getting used to what is currently available to me. Im wondering is there a way to override Aero on Vista with this program? I REALLY like the 1 pixel border and transparency. Still trying to get my temperature to work, but im chalking that upto the fact im in Iraq. This reminds me of the setup i would go for in WoW. I love how i can group things where ever i want, and im going to research how to make shortcuts like the "launch bar" has in it.
sgtevmckay

Re: Love it! latest New Guy

Post by sgtevmckay »

:welcome: to the forums :D

I presume you are using windows Vista or 7, that being teh case, you will need a third party solution for the Temp monitor(s)
I am not certain what you mean by "Over ride Aero", but we look into each concept carefully here, so I would like to know more.

Have fun and as you need assistance, let us know, and hopefuly in time you will be able to help others ;)

again: welcome
Rabbid0281

Post by Rabbid0281 »

yeah i d/l this 10ft HUD ini file, and i changed the city code to match that of Fort Hood/Killeen, TX, but it still doesnt show anything for temperature. I am using Vista 32bit. laptop is a bit on the old side now. I've had it since May 07, and this is it 2nd deployment, lol. Also Currently i am using the Enigma setup with the 10ft HUD addons of the clock and temp http://lifehacker.com/5084412/configure-your-own-rainmeter-10+foot-hud.
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

Rabbid0281 wrote:yeah i d/l this 10ft HUD ini file, and i changed the city code to match that of Fort Hood/Killeen, TX, but it still doesnt show anything for temperature. I am using Vista 32bit. laptop is a bit on the old side now. I've had it since May 07, and this is it 2nd deployment, lol. Also Currently i am using the Enigma setup with the 10ft HUD addons of the clock and temp http://lifehacker.com/5084412/configure-your-own-rainmeter-10+foot-hud.
:welcome:

I think because this skin uses the xoap weather.com feed this is why nothing works :)
That feed was removed by weather.com back in june.
replace URL to
URL=http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/YOUR WEATHER CODE?cc=*&unit=m&dayf=6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Rainmeter]
10-Foot HUD (White) - Created by Stephen R Gibson, based on MoxaWeather.

[Variables]
;Find your weather code at Weather.com (like UKXX0296 below) and replace the one in this URL.
;To have the temperature display in Farenheit, delete "&unit=m" from the URL.
URL=http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0296?cc=*&unit=m&dayf=6**

** this is the line that needs changing **

Please bear in mind the weather.com feed is likely to be withdrawn at any time so this is only a makeshift way to get the data.
Rainmeter will be changing uniformly to Yahoo! Weather soon.
Rabbid0281

Post by Rabbid0281 »

hmm...so you think I should/could replace that URL line with the Accuweather one found in Enigma, or just wait for the Yahoo change?
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

Rabbid0281 wrote:hmm...so you think I should/could replace that URL line with the Accuweather one found in Enigma, or just wait for the Yahoo change?
if you replace the url you will have to parse the feed from AccuWeather to suit the the one from weather com
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
Rabbid0281

Post by Rabbid0281 »

That fix worked, now i'm just trying to setup icons for programs i actually have and paths, etc. Thanks fr the help yall!
Rabbid0281

Post by Rabbid0281 »

Been working on it a lil here and there. Got really busy at work lately. Showed Rainmeter to a bunch of my Army buddies and they thought right away it was W7, lol. I told them, nope. So hopefully I've sparked an interest in those ppl in that they will search for it on the internet.

posting a new Current Setting IMG on that thread. :)
sherry1

Post by sherry1 »

some nice and informative material is given over here, thanks. :thumbsu:
Signature removed due to spam.