It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:40 pm

Newbie with PDF Rainmeter Manual

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
kirbycro

Newbie with PDF Rainmeter Manual

Post by kirbycro »

Hi there,

my nickname is Kirby and I've been following Rainmeter's development for some time. Unfortunately I'm to busy to participate in more active manner, but there was one thing I've thought I could do.

As I was fumbling with Rainmeter I had to be online to access help (manual), and sometimes it was not possible, so I've decided to make pdf document for offline use.

I have tried to maintain all the links (inner and outer) as well as the original layout (and looks) with only exception of examples - these have been placed at the end of the document (links within the chapters are opening the corresponding example pages) and at the end of the examples there is "back" link - which will take you
back to the "calling" page.

I really don't know if this is of any interest to you people, but as I'm a newbie here, could you please tell me if I should upload the "Rainmeter Manual (beta).pdf" - and if so, how and where?

Greetings,
Kirby
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Newbie with PDF Rainmeter Manual

Post by jsmorley »

Feel free to host it somewhere and post a link in a message here, but that is not something we want to commit to as a regular thing. Our manual (the beta for sure, and even the release one) is subject to change at any time and the last thing we want is something out of date by even one day floating around.
kirbycro

Post by kirbycro »

Yes, of course. It was ment as quickly accessible help for regular (but "how was it? :???: ) moments. Anyhow, I'll host it somewhere and post the link here. It was done with the release 1229 out.
Thank you for your reply.
kirbycro

Post by kirbycro »

There it is:

Rainmeter Manual (version 2.3 release 1245 beta)

No longer available. Link for the latest version is at the end of the topic.
Last edited by kirbycro on April 23rd, 2012, 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
kirbycro

Post by kirbycro »

Thanks mate.
I will try to keep up with the online manual updates.
Here's the latest manual update v2.3 r1265 link:

No longer available. Link for the latest version is at the end of the topic.

Greetings,
Kirby
Last edited by kirbycro on April 23rd, 2012, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirbycro

Rainmeter Manual beta (PDF)

Post by kirbycro »

The latest version (v2.4 r1598) can be found at:

No longer available.
Last edited by kirbycro on April 29th, 2013, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
takachou

Post by takachou »

Hi I tried to use the link but its not working can u please fix it, I would really love to have it coz I don't access the web very often and i'm a big rainmeter fan and would like to be able to edit my skin easily
kirbycro

Post by kirbycro »

Sorry for the delay.
Here is the link for the latest version I've done.

Rainmeter Manual v2.4 beta r1623 (pdf)

https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/Rainmeter/Rainmeter+Manual+v2.4+beta+r1623.pdf?key=5d8a4096-dbf8-4568-aa96-ce2024f913bd

There are many new things in the latest versions of Rainmeter, so maybe it would be better if you could download the html pages from site for offline reading. The basics are still ok though. Hope it would help a little.

Greetings.
takachou

Post by takachou »

thanks mate ^^
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I've been looking for an off line manual too. Just a thought, but can't you release a .chm file with all the manual info in it? I don't always have internet available so have to wait weeks to get the info I need to do something sometimes. It would be helpful to many others too I'm sure...
- MuLab -