It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:21 am

Need help regarding gmail skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Chaoz

Re: Need help regarding gmail skins

Post by Chaoz »

So is there a way to fix it? I made the changes you listed above, but still no go. The problem persists.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Can you post the entire skin again now that you have made the changes? Just change your ID and Password to xxxxx in the skin, but other than that send it exactly as it is.

Really, there is no way that I can think of that this is even possible. If you say https://Bob:bobpassword@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom to GMail, there is NO way that GMail is going to return someone else's account information. I mean, there is a way to have messages from your Bob account in GMail forward messages to your John account, so you could in theory get "both" on one account, but in this case there has to be something else going on.

Rainmeter is not a browser. It doesn't use cookies at all, it doesn't cache webpages. Everytime WebParser goes out to gmail.com, it does a completely fresh call to the site, gets the information the site returns, and parses it. I have a feeling there is still something weird in your code, or that you are running two Gmail skins at the same time, and there is some kind of conflict.

Can I also get you to do that is in this thread: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6045 and post the text that is created here?
Chaoz

Post by Chaoz »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=r3ginald
;Edited by Vick88
Update=1000

[Variables]
GmailUsername=xxxx
GmailPassword=xxxx

;--------------
       Gmail
;--------------

[MeasureGmail]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=https://#GmailUsername#:#GmailPassword#@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom
RegExp="(?siU)<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>"
UpdateRate=600
StringIndex=1

[MeasureNumber]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=[MeasureGmail]
StringIndex=1
UpdateRate=1

;--------------------

[GmailIcon]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=gmai_l.png
X=5
Y=11
W=45
H=45
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "http://www.gmail.com/"][!RainmeterRedraw]

[Sep]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=sep.png
X=37
Y=5
W=90
H=45
AntiAlias=1

[Messages]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureNumber
X=73
Y=18
FontColor=255,255,255
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=11
StringAlign=LEFT
;StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1
Text="%1"
;Postfix=" new messages"
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1

[Messages2]
Meter=STRING
X=52
Y=33
FontColor=255,255,255
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=8
StringAlign=LEFT
;StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1
Text="unread mail"
AntiAlias=1
AutoScale=1

;------------------

[Filter]
Meter=IMAGE
Solidcolor=0,0,0,0
X=0
Y=0
H=210
W=170

There aren't any conflicts afaik. Here's a list of all my active skins:

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, I am indeed stumped. I took your skin exactly as is, just changed the "xxxx" to my GMail account name and password, and ran it. Showed 0 new mails. Went to GMail in my browser and made 2 mails "unread", refreshed the skin and it says "2".

It certainly isn't accessing any other account that I have, it just CAN'T. You can't access another account without putting in the right ID and Password. GMail doesn't just hand out counts of emails for random accounts.

I don't know where to go with this. Since this skin only returns a "count" of emails and not any subject lines or anything, how are you sure it is accessing another account?
Chaoz

Post by Chaoz »

I put one account with 1 new message, and the other with 50. That's how I know it's displaying from the wrong account.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Chaoz wrote:I put one account with 1 new message, and the other with 50. That's how I know it's displaying from the wrong account.
Ok. Well, I'm stumped. There is just NO way that WebParser can connect to gmail with

URL=https://Bob:Bobpassword@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom and get results for "John". GMail doesn't even know or care that Bob and John are the same person with two accounts. Bob is Bob and John is John.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Something's not right here. To repeat what Jeff and Alex have said: it makes absolutely no difference which of you browsers are logged into which of your accounts, if any. There is simply no way that logging out of your account would affect Rainmeter's behavior.

I really think you must have gotten the skins mixed up. That, or at least one of the skins is including a set of variables from an external file (such as UserVariables.inc), which is overriding your user information. And if you're hard-coding your name and password into the measure URL, even that is impossible.

Are you saving, then immediately refreshing the skins when you edit them? I apologize if I sound patronizing, but I'm grasping at straws here.
Chaoz

Post by Chaoz »

Kaelri wrote: Are you saving, then immediately refreshing the skins when you edit them? I apologize if I sound patronizing, but I'm grasping at straws here.
Yes, am I not suppose to? I went through all my skins and didn't find any duplicate code that I pasted by mistake.

The weather skin does use the WebParser.dll, but I don't know how that would interfere.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Chaoz wrote: Yes, am I not suppose to? I went through all my skins and didn't find any duplicate code that I pasted by mistake.

The weather skin does use the WebParser.dll, but I don't know how that would interfere.
No, that's correct. And the weather skin isn't interfering.

Just for the hell of it, try installing this skin. Write the usernames and passwords of your two Gmail accounts in the [Variables] section where indicated. Then save, refresh the skin, and tell me if the information it returns is correct.

Gmail Tester.rmskin
Chaoz

Post by Chaoz »

Ok, I entered the info for the two different accounts. For account 1, the account name is correct but it'll still show the number of messages from account two. Everything is correct for account 2.