It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:08 pm

Dual Monitor help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Drehmini

Dual Monitor help

Post by Drehmini »

I've used the search feature and found nothing that answers my question.

My question is: Is there any real way to just move all of the skins from one monitor to another?

I'd like to keep rainmeter displayed at all times but I primarily use my primary monitor for work and my secondary monitor, most of the time, is left blank.

Basically what I want to do is either a) Drag the taskbar and sidebar (with all of the skins inside) and move it to the other monitor or B) Move the entire theme to the other side.

Just a tad bit of information:

Rainmeter theme) Enigma
Rainmeter Version) 1.3 rev 560 (64 bit)
Operating system) Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Running Programs) Outlook 2010, Digsby, Microsoft Security Essentials, Rainmeter, Dropbox.
Screen Resolution) 1920x1200x2

thanks,
Drehmini

Edit: Spelling errors.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Dual Monitor help

Post by jsmorley »

There is no way to accomplish this with dragging. Rainmeter doesn't create those kinds of relationships between skins. Each is a stand alone entity as far as Rainmeter is concerned.

You could do it with RainThemes though...

Create two themes in RainThemes. One with everything set up on the left monitor as you like, and one with them set up on the right monitor. Just save the themes with different names like "Left" and "Right" or something.

Also create a skin that consists of two icons / string meters, whatever you like cosmetically.

icon1
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#PROGRAMPATH#Addons\RainThemes\RainThemes.exe" "/load" "Left"]

icon2
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#PROGRAMPATH#Addons\RainThemes\RainThemes.exe" "/load" "Right"]

This will cause RainThemes to load the desired theme and restart Rainmeter.

------
Edit: I changed the syntax of that !Execute a bit. Left off some quotes...