It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:17 am

Adding Launchers to Gnometer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jan Waslander

Adding Launchers to Gnometer

Post by Jan Waslander »

I have been looking for a sidebar, downloaded sevaral end deleted them not long after. Rainmeter is quite a discovery. It lookes very sophisticated. It 's a great design. Rainmeter is hardly known in the Netherlands where I live. I 'm surprised about that. I hope my English is not to poor since it 's not my native language. Allso I think it 's marvelous you can change the sourcecode. I tried this because I want to add a second Applications-2x7.ini bar. First I copied the file in the Documents Map and named it Applications-2x7 01.ini. But it did not appear in [RightClick on the bar] > Gnometer > Launcher > Applications. Then I deleted the file and edited the Applications-2x7.ini file. I copied the part beginning from Line2 to almost to the end. I renamed Line2 to Line3 and numbered the procedures following accordingly, presuming when executing the skin a third row of shortcuts should appear. But it didn 't. Then I searched this forum. I found no appropriate answer. Perhaps I interpreted it wrongly. If you could help me out I would appreciate it very much. Thank you in advance. Jan Waslander / Heerenveen / The Netherlands
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Adding Launchers to Gnometer

Post by Alex2539 »

When you add a new skin, make sure that you choose "Refresh All" from the Rainmeter tray icon in order to have it appear in the list.
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Waslander

Post by Jan Waslander »

.. ahh, thank you. It works. But it doesn 't solve my problem. Rainmmaker lets 's you choose out of several skins. So when you choose for let 's say skin A then you get skin A. And when you choose for skin B you get skin B. But I want skin A and B. I want to add a skin and not to replace a skin. When there is no possibility to add a skin I have to edit one skin in order to get more shortcuts. I 've tried that but it didn 't work out. But I 'll try again. And thank you very much for your answer.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Jan Waslander wrote:.. ahh, thank you. It works. But it doesn 't solve my problem. Rainmmaker lets 's you choose out of several skins. So when you choose for let 's say skin A then you get skin A. And when you choose for skin B you get skin B. But I want skin A and B. I want to add a skin and not to replace a skin. When there is no possibility to add a skin I have to edit one skin in order to get more shortcuts. I 've tried that but it didn 't work out. But I 'll try again. And thank you very much for your answer.
Create another folder (e.g. Applications2).
Jan Waslander

Post by Jan Waslander »

Thanks for answering. I created a second folder applications2. Then [refresh skin]. Then I went to gnometer > launcher > applications. It shows applications 1x7, 2x7, 1x14 > the skins in the map d:\documents\rainmeter\skins\applications. And not the .ini files in the copy applications2 I made. When I change the name of the original applications map in applications1 Rainmeter says it cant 't find skins. As I look at it the only possibility to get more shortcuts is to edit the 2x7.ini in order to make a third bar with shortcuts. Then I could name it 3x7.ini. But even if I succeeded in doing so (and I don 't, I tried before as I described in my first post) then it is necessary that in the settings section a row of 21 shortcuts appears in stead of 14. Am I right or do I miss something?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Right-click the tray icon and select Refresh All.
Jan Waslander

Post by Jan Waslander »

Thank you very much Poiru! Now it works. I think you wrote a wonderful piece of software. Rainmeter is a valuable addition to my system. I enjoy it every day. Pehaps we 'll meet again :-)
Jan Waslander

Post by Jan Waslander »

.. and here I am again :-) I can 't make shortcuts 15..28 because the application section in the sections.ini only mentions shortcuts 1..14. I edited the 2x7.ini 2 (in map applications2) as follows:

[Launcher15]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=sIcon
ImageName=#launcher.App15icon#
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#launcher.App15path#"]
MouseActionCursor=1

and so on.

When I run/able this skin/program there are no icons visible which is logical because the launcher.App15icon variable has no value as well as the launcher.App15path variable has no value.

So how can I link the appropiate values to this variables?

I do not have the Rainmeter main program. Only the .exe file. Is it possible that the variables have to be declared first in the main program?
Jan Waslander

Post by Jan Waslander »

... Now I can link the paths and icons to shortcuts 15..28. I found the variables in the variables.inc (what 's in a name..). I still wonder how I can change this variables from the settings.ini window. It only knows the first 14 shortcuts. From 1 to 14 a program called ConfigTools.exe is executed. I looked for ConfigTools.ini in order to find the source code but I could not find it. Anyway. By the way; in my former post I used the word map(s). That 's dutch for folder. Thank you again.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

What you need to do is open the launcher ini file and add the launcher.AppXXicon stuff to the [Variables] section.

E.g.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
launcher.App15icon=path/name.png
launcher.App15path=path/name.exe
... and so forth