It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:28 am

Text Truncation

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
el-chucklebuck

Text Truncation

Post by el-chucklebuck »

I have the WMP skin from Poiru. It's great, but there's one problem. The text keeps getting clipped off the ends. Obviously, if you've used the same skin, you know that it's aligned to the left and the default font is trebuchet(?). I did change the alignment and fonts. Take a look at the screen to see. I did change the w= values, but to no avail.

The song should be: 'What's it feel like to be a ghost' not 't feel like to be a ghost'

If you know how to stop the truncation, I would be immensely grateful if you'd share.

Cheers

Code: Select all

[Container]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=sTitleArea
X=0
Y=0
W=400
H=80
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 0
[NA]
Meter=STRING
X=5
Y=5
W=400
FontFace=Capture It
FontColor=181818 
Text=
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1

[Track]
Meter=STRING
StringAlign=Right
MeasureName=mTrack
X=175
Y=5
W=400
FontFace=Capture It
FontColor=181818 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oni5115

Re: Text Truncation

Post by oni5115 »

You could try to add ClipString=1 to the text. That would make the text append to the next line if it's too long at least.
Everyone loves the [url=http://db.tt/qV9oIZZ]Dropbox[/url]!
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Up all the X-values with say, 50.
Save and refresh.

For, as far as I can see you have a problem with text going over the evil X=0 boundary. Anything on the left side of that will not be shown, it is outside the window that rainmeter draws the skin in. Upping the W will not help, as that will only expand to the right with start at X=0.
So, up the X and the track will show its full name. (Add the same amount to every X value and the skin will look as it did before)
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
el-chucklebuck

Post by el-chucklebuck »

@chewtoy - It worked!!! Even the longest titles fit perfectly with no clipping whatsoever.