It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:31 am

Replacing Firefox with Chrome.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Miller900

Replacing Firefox with Chrome.

Post by Miller900 »

Hi guys. Completly new to the rainmeter idea. Saw it at a mates, thought that looked cool, so dowloaded.

I have no idea how to change stuff to suit me though :Embarrassed: :(

Would someone be able to give me a really simple tutorial in changing the pre-set firefox taskbar thing into a Chrome one?

And getting rid of the picassa thing completly? :)

Thanks in advance :)
nawmtaronyu

Re: Replacing Firefox with Chrome.

Post by nawmtaronyu »

well its rather simple really, first off you would go into Rainbrowser, find the firefox skin, or what ever it is and click edit skin, it will open up a text doc (notepad) scroll through untill you find where it says some thing like firefox, change its directery, (should be some thing like C:User/Firefox/firefox.exe (or no .exe extentions dont matter) keep the [""] now find your Chrome Directory something like C:Program files/Google/Google Chrome/Google Chrome.exe copy and paste that into where it said firefox, It will now link to chrome instead

Second its label, if its a image you will need to change it, in Rainbrowser click browse folder, it will open the containing folder, it will have a image, like firefox.png or something simular, you will either A change it using a image editor (photoshop, paint, corel, ext) or get one off the web you can keep the name the same, if its a button image it will have 3 symbols, on 1 image, these are the different states see http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-ButtonImage for more info.

If its text, while still in the edit skin find where it says Applabel, or some thing simular it should say imidaiatly after ="FireFox" change FireFox to Google Chrome, or to what ever desired.

Hope that helps