It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:10 pm

PerfMon help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BinaryCon

PerfMon help

Post by BinaryCon »

I'm just starting out with rainmeter and I've been trying to make a Multicore CPU monitor and with PerfMon I'm getting crazy readings instead of 0-100% any tips as to how I can set it to show that?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: PerfMon help

Post by jsmorley »

You might want to look at Measure=CPU instead of Perfmon. I only say this as for a straightforward CPU / Cores monitor it is very simple to use.

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-CPU_beta
BinaryCon

Post by BinaryCon »

Awesome thanks!! that got it fixed. Another quick question, I've made a separate Hard drive monitor and when I try run it it removes the CPU monitor then loads the Hard Drive monitor and vice versa , how do I fix this?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

BinaryCon wrote:Awesome thanks!! that got it fixed. Another quick question, I've made a separate Hard drive monitor and when I try run it it removes the CPU monitor then loads the Hard Drive monitor and vice versa , how do I fix this?
You can only have one .ini file in a single folder loaded at one time. This is done so Rainmeter can easily allow you to toggle between say a black and a white version of a skin. So what you need to do is put your skins under My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins, then each .ini file in its own folder.

So:

Skins\
-MyCPUMonitor\MyCPUMonitor.ini
-MyHDMonitor\MyHDMonitor.ini

Or if you want to organize them a bit:

Skins\
-MyMonitorSkins\
--MyCPUMonitor\MyCPUMonitor.ini
--MyHDMonitor\MyHDMonitor.ini

If you have any of the skins loaded, you are advised to exit Rainmeter before moving / renaming things, or it can get confused and chew off its own arm trying to escape.
BinaryCon

Post by BinaryCon »

Ok cool Got it, Thanks again!