It is currently April 16th, 2024, 1:55 pm

VLC issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
LedintheHead

VLC issue

Post by LedintheHead »

I'm having a problem with watching video on VLC and DivX with rainmeter running. DivX just crashes, but VLC will play the file but I just get a blank screen with audio. To watch video properly I have to run the file through Windows Media Player and I shouldn't have to tell you how much of a pain in the ass that is. I know the problem lies somewhere within Rainmeter because I can watch stuff like normal when I turn it off. I'm not running anything unusual with rainmeter. I've got rocketdock, fwonk clock, simple sentence, and corner calendar.

I've already tried searching the forum with several different keywords and all I could find was something about rainmeter flickering through video and stuff, which is obviously not my problem.
Chewtoy

Re: VLC issue

Post by Chewtoy »

It's not something like this http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1824&start=0 ?
The way you describe it it sounds like it might be.

It's a known problem and it is being worked on. Hopefully fixed sometime soon.
In the mean time, don't place skins at WindowX=0 WindowY=0. You you change the Y (in Rainmeter.ini) to 1, it will be solved for now.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
LedintheHead

Re: VLC issue

Post by LedintheHead »

No, different problem but something I did fixed it. Somewhere I saw someone suggest test different settings with the Overlay Video Output. It was already checked so I unchecked it, restarted and it did nothing. So I figured I might as well turn it back on since that didn't help, suddenly VLC starts working again. Oh well. *shrugs shoulders*