It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:56 am

need help with applications

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
zarrath

need help with applications

Post by zarrath »

hi im a newbie for this application but i liked the what people do with it. i need help for my needs.
i wanna make the application list like the windows start menu. i want to make the application bar and when mouse click over this button a pop up list of the applications appears with small icons. is it possible ?? help me...
for a giving an example i like the superbar skin. this skin contains apps button but when i click this button large app appears horizontal line below the button. i want it to modify to small icons and in the vertical popup menu. i hope i can explain myself...
zarrath

Re: need help with applications

Post by zarrath »

for detailed example the menu on top of the deviantart.com site is great. when you get the mouse on the arrow that is the at the right of the deviantart logo (on the upper left corner) a menu appears with logo and titles. i wanna menu like this but only the logos not the titles.
Help PLEASE
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Use MouseOverActions and !RainmeterShowMeter then MouseLeaveAction and !RainmeterHideMeter.
And just have the menu position where you want it, with hidden=1 for all the 'menu' meters.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

First off: While you can make shortcuts that pops up and looks great, you can't get the windows tray or start button with rainmeter.

Second: Think of rainmeter not as an app, but as a tool. While an app has some predefined functions, a tool is just a tool and it's up to you how to best use this tool. For example, a screwdriver makes a great grill-stick.

Now. On to the popup-bar thing you want I would recommend taking a look at Gnometers popup skins. Study how it is done there and be sure you have a firm grasp on the tutorials in Rainmeter101. Gnometer probably has all the foundation for the skin you want so you can take a sneak peak at that to see how you might do it (example code!). Then you really just need to improve on the graphics to make it look good.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
zarrath

Post by zarrath »

i just want to make a application list that appears like right click on mouse when i click the simple button in the rainmeter . start menu is just an example.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Then read the skin tutorials and look at the !Bangs in the manual.
All you really need is to make meters for all you shortcuts and then hide them.

It's actually very easy to make. Good starter skin.
zarrath

Post by zarrath »

thanks for advice i will read it as soon as possible. if i need any help can you help me ?
is there any example like what i need ?
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

If you have any problems there are plenty of help here. As long as you keep in mind that no one will do anything for you, but we will gladly help you understand how you can do it.

Like I said in the first post, take a look at Gnometer. That suit has several skins that use popups, study how that is done. Then take a look at some launcher (there are plenty about). And after you've taken a look at those, you can start putting together your own. Just looking at how other have done in their skins are incredibly rewarding, even if you don't exactly grasp everything you get an understanding of how things work.
zarrath

Post by zarrath »

for the last thing can you gave mean examples or any keywords to search as you mentioned launchers