It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:31 pm

Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ViciouS

Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters!

Post by ViciouS »

Hi, I have a problem after updating my operating system to Windows 7 64-bit. While I was running Vista, it was working perfectly fine but now I keep getting this error after executing Rainmeter.exe on startup: Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters! Your skin's ini-file might be out of date.

Oh and I'm using Rainmeter 1.2 if that makes any difference at all. Thanks in advance.
Aarowaim

Re: Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters!

Post by Aarowaim »

Try re-installing rainmeter (use the 64-bit installer). Rainmeter might be treating your system as windows vista because it was installed on vista. Anyway, if I misunderstood your problem, please tell me more so that I can help you better.
Don't worry, re-installing rainmeter will NOT erase any of the skins you have installed.
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
ViciouS

Post by ViciouS »

Well that's the single biggest worry that I have at the moment, which is reinstalling Rainmeter and finding out afterwards that my themes/saved settings have been wiped (DOH!). Correct me if I'm wrong, but upon re-installation of Rainmeter, doesn't it automatically make you choose by default either Gnometer or Enigma, so wouldn't that be the same as wiping my previous saved settings?
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

Valid point. I would recommend backing up your enigma/gnometer files if you made any changes to enigma or gnometer. Otherwise, just choose the same default theme. It will not change any other skins that are in your skins folder.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

ViciouS

Post by ViciouS »

Is there still no way to save the themes as a whole for backup purposes by any chance yet? It's a pain in the ass to have to re-do every little detail one by one meticulously when I have multiple computers that use the same theme... and I'd preferably like to resolve this issue without reinstalling if possible, thus limiting my chances of wiping out my themes. :(
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

I have re-installed everytime that a new beta version has come out (6 times) and not once have I found that any of my skins have been erased and/or unconfigured. The only one that I have not checked for this is gnometer. But nonetheless, I just re-installed and enigma still says my location as I set it.

ViciouS

Post by ViciouS »

Hmm, alright I might as well give it a shot then. O______o
ViciouS

Post by ViciouS »

Well you were right about it keeping my settings in tact, but alas ... nothing's changed. Any other suggestions? ;)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ViciouS wrote:Well you were right about it keeping my settings in tact, but alas ... nothing's changed. Any other suggestions? ;)
You have a skin that is damaged or invalid for some reason. I would suggest unloading your skins one at a time, doing a "Refresh All" of Rainmeter between each, until you discover which skin is causing this issue. Then we can take a look at that skin to see what is up.

Another possibility is that you restored some hidden "Desktop.ini" files from your old OS to the new one in the \Skins folder(s). You might try turning off "Hide Protected Operating System Files" in Folder Options (under Organize in any Explorer window) temporarily and delete any Desktop.ini files you find under My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins. You don't need them there and they can cause problems.
oni5115

Post by oni5115 »

Just thought I'd post how I managed to both get and fix this issue. I've been creating my own themes while learning. Sometimes I'd rename a file and restart Rainmeter. However, the info from the old file was still in my Rainmeter.ini and was causing the error message - since the file no longer existed.

Since I am just tinkering for the first time I wiped the Rainmeter.ini and started over. Though if you have settings you want to keep, then you'll have to dig through the file and see what's missing.

Though I am running it portable; not sure if that makes a difference or not. Aside from where my .ini's are located.
Everyone loves the [url=http://db.tt/qV9oIZZ]Dropbox[/url]!