It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:21 pm

[SOLVED]option stays highlited on desktop after right click

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ILikePie

[SOLVED]option stays highlited on desktop after right click

Post by ILikePie »

EDIT:solved, anyone with similar problem look few replys down

dont really know how to explain my problem but after right clicking on my desktop and choosing something like "refresh" the option i chose stays highlited on the desktop and overlaps all other windows.
going into some fullscreen application like a game hides this but it repeats as soon as i do it again.

this includes things such as File>Save As in Paint or Firefox and others (Save As remains highlighted)
or Tools>Properties in any programs

also when right clicking for the first time on the desktop it seems as if the menu is overlapped by something untill i hover my mouse over it.

i am using the Gnometer skins and Arcs aswell as a skin called "Now Playing!"(i changed the font on it and the color of the buttons apart from that thats it)
Gnometer and Arcs came with the install so i guess i dont need to attach them and Now Playing can be found here:
http://www.customise.org/rainmeter/skins/73809
also im on windows Vista and using the latest Rainmeter 1.2 rev 440 64 bit

attached are two pictures of my desktop, one with the menu overlapped and the second is of the problem itself.

Last edited by ILikePie on October 3rd, 2010, 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: chosen option stays highlite on desktop after right clicking

Post by jsmorley »

Try using the skin context menu and change the skins to Position / On Desktop and see if it behaves any different.
ILikePie

Post by ILikePie »

jsmorley wrote:Try using the skin context menu and change the skins to Position / On Desktop and see if it behaves any different.
stays the same, i tried to play around with the "click through" and other options to no avail..
EDIT: Solved the problem after some more searching on Google, "Right click on my computer, properties, advanced system settings, advanced tab, under performance - settings, and uncheck the
"fade out menu items after clicking""

EDIT 2:the menu still got stuck in faded every couple of times after that but unchecking the other 2 fade options fixed that

for some reason it would seem that rainmeter collided with this option somehow
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ILikePie wrote: stays the same, i tried to play around with the "click through" and other options to no avail..
EDIT: Solved the problem after some more searching on Google, "Right click on my computer, properties, advanced system settings, advanced tab, under performance - settings, and uncheck the
"fade out menu items after clicking""

for some reason it would seem that rainmeter collided with this option somehow
Strange. I have that (and everything else) checked on that list, and have never seen that problem. Feels to me like there is something else as well involved. Are you running any other software that might have any impact on how Windows handles the desktop? Fences, any Startdock app, a custom theme, Display Fusion? Just curious.
ILikePie

Re: [SOLVED]option stays highlited on desktop after right click

Post by ILikePie »

jsmorley wrote: Strange. I have that (and everything else) checked on that list, and have never seen that problem. Feels to me like there is something else as well involved. Are you running any other software that might have any impact on how Windows handles the desktop? Fences, any Startdock app, a custom theme, Display Fusion? Just curious.
Nothing, just this.. maybe its the combination of the skins