It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:13 am

Substitution

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Origin

Substitution

Post by Origin »

Hey there;

I'm rather new to RainMeter, but have written a little. However, with Enigma, comes a GMAIL plugin. It works great (except a few things I wish to change). The original, when having 1 email would appear "Gmail | 1 emails", and without email "Gmail | emails".

The point being, when no new emails were detected, it wouldn't display a 0 (for "Gmail | 0 emails"), so I edited it, and removed the "emails" part. However, having RM for a bit now, I wish to make it work properly. Currently I have it to "GMAIL | 1" or "GMAIL | ", but I want to get it to display "GMAIL | 0 New Emails"

I was looking at this, not knowing or understanding what it does...

Code: Select all

Substitute="GMAIL |   New Emails","GMAIL | 0 New Emails"
Not working, and I'm sure a more knowledgeable user could see why (however I cannot). Is there any insight to lead me in the right direction?
[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/cyberplague/My%20Sigs/orisig.png[/img]
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Substitution

Post by jsmorley »

Origin wrote:Hey there;

I'm rather new to RainMeter, but have written a little. However, with Enigma, comes a GMAIL plugin. It works great (except a few things I wish to change). The original, when having 1 email would appear "Gmail | 1 emails", and without email "Gmail | emails".

The point being, when no new emails were detected, it wouldn't display a 0 (for "Gmail | 0 emails"), so I edited it, and removed the "emails" part. However, having RM for a bit now, I wish to make it work properly. Currently I have it to "GMAIL | 1" or "GMAIL | ", but I want to get it to display "GMAIL | 0 New Emails"

I was looking at this, not knowing or understanding what it does...

Code: Select all

Substitute="GMAIL |   New Emails","GMAIL | 0 New Emails"
Not working, and I'm sure a more knowledgeable user could see why (however I cannot). Is there any insight to lead me in the right direction?
In the Webparser Measure:
Substitute="":"0"

In the display meter:
Text=GMAIL | %1 New Emails
Origin

Re: Substitution

Post by Origin »

Thanks, total win. If there was +rep or Up-Vote, I'd do it.

~Origin
[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/cyberplague/My%20Sigs/orisig.png[/img]