It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:07 am

Skin components do not load, when loaded all r in top left

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
zorroooo00

Skin components do not load, when loaded all r in top left

Post by zorroooo00 »

Hello,
I have been using rainmeter since a month or so, and started learning the basics of modifying them as per requirement, however, sometimes the components of some skin simply fail to load when rainmeter starts and when load them they all open on the default top left position, what can be done to have then load and load in proper position.

Problem of loading is with
Linear clock
Kokoto- horizontal calendar, button
Quotenote-Customized
BRK world time-Customized

Others that run fine are
Gnometer-feeds, Disks,weather
Enigma-Tray systems, Bin, HDD
Simplicity relax-System info

Thanks to any insights you guys can provide. I tried looking in the forum if similar problem exists but could not find any so posting one here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poiru
Developer

Re: Skin components do not load, when loaded all r in top left

Post by poiru »

It's not a "problem", you need to drag them into position.
zorroooo00

Post by zorroooo00 »

Thanks for the reply Poiru,

The thing is may be I was not that clear, some components load everytime when rainmeter starts and open in their position where i have kept them others don't load on start and open in default position. I have already checked save position in settings but then still. I need to load them manually and move them each time I open my computer. Since I need to move with my laptops from home to college and back I need to turn off my laptop. Loading manually each time is like problem i guess. I am posting screenshots of autoloaded and manually loaded items.
By the way I am using ur Gnometer pop-up style Disk and it can at max show 4 disks is there anyway i can increase the number of disks- I have 5 drives

Thanks again.
Regards Sanjaya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

When Rainmeter loads open Rainmeter.ini (Tray Menu>Edit Settings) scan the list to see if your missing skins are listed there. If they are not, close Rainmeter.ini and then load the missing skins and move them to their positions, then open Rainmeter.ini again and see if they are listed.

It sounds like your Rainmeter.ini is not being written to for some reason.

It wouldn't hurt for you to go ahead and check this out and follow the instructions, then post your results here.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Regarding 5 disk support in Gnometer, it'll be available with Gnometer 1.3.
zorroooo00

Post by zorroooo00 »

@ Dragonmaze
Thank you for your instructions, well by the time i saw your mail, i had manually loaded all my skins and then as u said i opened teh rainmeter.ini file and saw they were there. So what i did was exited the program and ran it again and then like magic all the items appeared right in their places. Just opening the ini file and all was well. I tried opening the link and downloaded and used RainEnv later, it gets the whole details. But still i cannot figure out how can just opening the rainmeter.ini file do such tricks, it had been there the whole time all i did was opened it to see and then the problem disappears. Am glad the problem is solved.
Thanks again.

@Poiru
So I will be waiting for the new gnometer- for my fifth disk to pop up in my desktop. Thanks for all teh effort you are putting into your new skin.

regards
zorroooo00
midnite17

Post by midnite17 »

i am having a similar problem to zorroooo00 is having. i have done what dragonmage said, going through the rainmeter.ini and i did find some of the stuff i had set was not on there. i went and unloaded them from the skins the reloaded them, but got nothing. help?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

midnite17 wrote:i am having a similar problem to zorroooo00 is having. i have done what dragonmage said, going through the rainmeter.ini and i did find some of the stuff i had set was not on there. i went and unloaded them from the skins the reloaded them, but got nothing. help?
Run the RainEnv tool and post your results here.