It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:40 am

Config is not saving - FIXED

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jeepers

Config is not saving - FIXED

Post by jeepers »

Hi, When i open the Settings.ini make my changes >>>>Save >>>>Apply its not saving any changes, and it only shows 2 >>>colours and styles in Red all others are Grey. The config is not read only.

cheers

Edit: I guess i did not explain that very well :Embarrassed: So here goes:

I am trying to get the weather working (either MSN or Yahoo) I live in (near) Wollongong,Australia and found my weather code "http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:ASXX0124&q=Wollongong%2c+AUS" So i entered ASXX01248&q into the settings.ini (gui) saved it and applied it.

When i re-checked the settings.ini it was still there. But it only shows ASXX0124,there is a weather skin on my desktop, but i do not know if it is the right one as it does not show what name the forecast is for.

Also if i right click the bar and select "edit settings" notepad opens with the setting, if i make any changes and save them, It does not save them (if you know what i mean).

Sorry about the weird style of the post, but i'm a complete newcomer to Rainmeter and a lot of the terminology is a bit alien to me :shock:

cheers

Edit2: I'm doing well :roll: This should be in the Gnometer support thread. can i move it to there...?
Last edited by jeepers on October 2nd, 2010, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeepers

Re: Config is not saving--fixed.

Post by jeepers »

O.K. I think i have got it working :D I did some trial and error stuff and got the weather for my area working. Now to have a go at the rest of Rainmeter.
cheers