It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Files wont appear in Rainbrowser

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Flyboy

Files wont appear in Rainbrowser

Post by Flyboy »

I put the "dark_glass" skin in the "skins" folder in "my documents" like it says in the tutorials and it still wont show up in Rainbrower even after refreshing.

Im new to this, please help me out? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aarowaim

Re: Files wont appear in Rainbrowser

Post by Aarowaim »

Hello Flyboy, You forgot to click the browse tab. If you click browse, you can see everything installed. I even took a screenshot to show you that it works (don't expect any info because the author didn't make any metadata.)
ThisIsYourAnswer ;p.png
btw, I think I know you from somewhere... ;) FEZ perhaps? Don't worry, it might not be you that I met on FEZ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Flyboy

Post by Flyboy »

Naw man, see I used the browse tab and it still isnt showing up. I refreshed and restarted Rainmeter and it just wont show.
Do you think its because I have Rainmeter in my C: Drive and not the D: Drive?
(The D: Drive has the program files, but it says in the tutorial that the "My Documents" folder holds the place where you actually have to save your skins)
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Flyboy wrote:Naw man, see I used the browse tab and it still isnt showing up. I refreshed and restarted Rainmeter and it just wont show.
(The D: Drive has the program files, but it says in the tutorial that the "My Documents" folder holds the place where you actually have to save your skins)
Open RainBrowser, then click on any skin -> Open Skin Folder. Go up a directory or two and make sure you got the DarkGlass stuff there.
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

Flyboy wrote:Naw man, see I used the browse tab and it still isnt showing up. I refreshed and restarted Rainmeter and it just wont show.
Well, it might be that because rainmeter is installed into your C: Drive and your documents are in the D: Drive, that rainmeter is thinking your skinspath is the C: drive. I do not know if rainmeter supports rainmeter being on a seperate hard drive than your documents, but I do understand your question. It does seem that the only skins showing up on your Rainbrowser are the ones installed in the program files skin directory. Try placing your skin into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rainmeter\Skins"
(I think this is right, cause your C: drive is labeled OS and your D: drive was the one with my documents) Although this is usually not recommended, it should fix the problem in your case.
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Aarowaim wrote:Well, it might be that because rainmeter is installed into your C: Drive and your documents are in the D: Drive, that rainmeter is thinking your skinspath is the C: drive. I do not know if rainmeter supports rainmeter being on a seperate hard drive than your documents, but I do understand your question. It does seem that the only skins showing up on your Rainbrowser are the ones installed in the program files skin directory. Try placing your skin into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rainmeter\Skins"
(I think this is right, cause your C: drive is labeled OS and your D: drive was the one with my documents) Although this is usually not recommended, it should fix the problem in your case.
Rainmeter is perfectly happy with the program and skins being on seperate drives. That is how i have mine set.

Putting the skins in the program files path will only work if your rainmeter.ini file is in the rainmeter folder there as well, effectively a portable install.
Flyboy wrote:I put the "dark_glass" skin in the "skins" folder in "my documents" like it says in the tutorials and it still wont show up in Rainbrower even after refreshing.

Im new to this, please help me out? :)
Could you go here: http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4394, follow the instructions, and post the result here? It may help us see where the issue is.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?