It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:49 pm

Cant get skin position to work properly.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Linkin

Cant get skin position to work properly.

Post by Linkin »

I have a background to my skin and I have set its position to "On Desktop" Yet it sometimes still goes over the top of my taskbar. Is it possible to stop this?

Thanks
-Linkin
Aarowaim

Re: Cant get skin position to work properly.

Post by Aarowaim »

From what I see, that is windows 7. Now, because I have win 7 I noticed quite a few times that win 7 taskbar works like a window. because the taskbar when inactive is at the level that the desktop, rainmeter (being a program) will appear above the taskbar. (If you click the taskbar, you'll notice that this fixes the problem.) Anyway's, if anything would fix the problem, setting it's position to bottom would or you could snap the bottom of your skin to the top of your taskbar. This is the only fix I can think of at the moment.
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Linkin

Post by Linkin »

Hey thanks for the reply. Yea I know I can do that, But does anyone know of anything I can do on the rainmeter side?

Thanks
-Linkin
ZaLiTH

Post by ZaLiTH »

Linkin wrote:Hey thanks for the reply. Yea I know I can do that, But does anyone know of anything I can do on the rainmeter side?

Thanks
-Linkin
How is the size (W and H) set for the config that's covering the taskbar? If this background overlay is meant to cover the entire desktop, you could work around it by setting the size equal to your desktop work area using #WORKAREAHEIGHT#.
[color=#FF0000][center]Don't bother replying to any of my posts, I'm not using this profile anymore.[/center][/color]
limpet

Post by limpet »

Maybe you could try something like this:

Code: Select all

[SetRainmeterZPos]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 60
IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction=!RainmeterZPos -2
So, assuming you're updating every second, that should automatically set your rainmeter's z position to the desktop z position every 1 minute.
Limpet makes music: [Soundcloud][Reverbnation][Myspace (ick)][Uvumi][Electronic/Dance]