It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:18 pm

Gnometer GMail Update Slow

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shayz0r

Gnometer GMail Update Slow

Post by shayz0r »

I am using the Gnometer GMail Reader and have tried about everything I can think of to speed up the update rate of emails shown. The widget finds new emails relatively fast, but after I visit my gmail account and delete one of these new emails, they are not removed from the widget list for a very very long time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have tried changing the Update=1000 and UpdateRate=1000 in the GMail-4.ini file to smaller values (less time btw updates) to no avail.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Gnometer GMail Update Slow

Post by jsmorley »

shayz0r wrote:I am using the Gnometer GMail Reader and have tried about everything I can think of to speed up the update rate of emails shown. The widget finds new emails relatively fast, but after I visit my gmail account and delete one of these new emails, they are not removed from the widget list for a very very long time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have tried changing the Update=1000 and UpdateRate=1000 in the GMail-4.ini file to smaller values (less time btw updates) to no avail.
Leave Update=1000 and change UpdateRate on all WebParser measures doing GMail stuff to UpdateRate=120 and that is every 2 minutes. I would not beat on GMail's servers any more often than that.