It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:49 am

Help with Twitter. Just can't run it

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sandman

Help with Twitter. Just can't run it

Post by sandman »

Hi Everyone,

I would sincerely appreciate a help with the Twitter on the sidebar.

I am running the Enigma skin on Rainmeter, v1.2. The OS is Windows 7.
Other applications that require internet (e.g. weather, moon, etc) are running normally.

I have typed correctly the username and password in the settings but nothing is displayed on the twitter feed. If I click on my login name or upper left icon on the twitter window at the sidebar nothing happens either.

I have been through the manual and the previous posts here in the forum but couldn't find anything that relates to this issue.

Any tip would be great.

Thanks!
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Help with Twitter. Just can't run it

Post by JamesAC »

Unfortunately twitter disabled the basic url authentication that is used in the enigma skin on the first of september. Until we find a way to connect using the new OAuth system any twitter skins will not work. Unfortunately, rainmeter currently has no way to use OAuth, so it could be a while.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

You can use Twitter skin as heretofore if you use proxy service like SuperTweet.

How to use:
1: Sign-In via Twitter then click "Allow"
2: Change status to "Activate", then create the special password. (!Don't use real twitter's password!)
3: Change skin's URL to use "api.supertweet.net" instead of "Twitter.com" and change password to supertweet's password instead of real twitter's password.

Code: Select all

http://<TwitterName>:<SuperTweetPassword>@api.supertweet.net/1/statuses/home_timeline.rss
This is easiest solution for the moment.
re4med

Post by re4med »

Is there a way to do that with Omnimo 2 for Rainmeter? If so could you point me in the right direction?