It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:58 pm

8 disk version of Gnometer 1.2?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
YorkshireDave

8 disk version of Gnometer 1.2?

Post by YorkshireDave »

I have 8 disks and have been looking for a release that was apparently imminemt (around June 2010) that allows 8 disks to be specified. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
poiru
Developer

Re: 8 disk version of Gnometer 1.2?

Post by poiru »

A pre-release version of Gnometer 1.3 (with support for 8 disks) will be up on Monday at the latest (this time I mean it!).
Keep an eye on http://poiru.deviantart.com
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

Hi P.

Right, I've amazed myself and actually managed to get 8 drives to list and even to have them sitting underneath one another all nice and neatly!

My problem is that I cannot work out how to allocate a proper drive letter to the other 4 drives. Obviously going into setting only lists 4 choices and I've no idea how to change that setting dialogue. Please HELP!

David
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

YorkshireDave wrote:Hi P.

Right, I've amazed myself and actually managed to get 8 drives to list and even to have them sitting underneath one another all nice and neatly!

My problem is that I cannot work out how to allocate a proper drive letter to the other 4 drives. Obviously going into setting only lists 4 choices and I've no idea how to change that setting dialogue. Please HELP!

David
Open Variables.inc (in SETTINGS) and findthe disk stuff and add values for 5-8.

(i'm almost there)
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

Hi P.

I want to beat you to it :p
I'd worked that out (amazingly) but it still doesn't work! I cannot get the drives names coming up. One thing occurs to me, where should the 8 disk.ini file and settings.ini files be located? Could that be the prob?

UPDATE...
Sorry P but there is no need to bother as I've completed it. The only thing I cannot do is change teh setting tool so that 8 drives are displayed for you to put their letters into. Other than than tha it works just fine. 8-) I am well proud!
YorkshireDave

Post by YorkshireDave »

All is not as simple as it looks at all...

Can someone please point me to where I can find how to map the space left on NAS and esata raid arrays? I have one of each so that's the next part of my disk monitoring project.
Also, does anyone know how one might monitor drive & cpu temps?

Thanks