It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:35 am

non-zero minimum value for line meter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
pentboiler

non-zero minimum value for line meter

Post by pentboiler »

Hi all. New to the forum and to rainmeter. I have constructed a temperature skin for myself that includes strings and line meters. I'm monitoring all 4 cores of my quad cpu and what I've noticed is that, since the temperatures are >= ~40C the lines are all shifted to the top of the line meter. This is because the minimum value of the line meter is zero by default. Consulting the manual indicates that there is no option to change the minimum value of the line meter from zero. Does anyone know if it possible to change this minimum value? it would be quite useful.

One nice option would be to have the minimum of the graph set based on the minimum over the viewable history of the line meter. This option is already used to set the maximum of the line graph so that it always appears in the viewable window. It seems very limiting to assume that zero is always the minimum of the graph.
smurfier

Re: non-zero minimum value for line meter

Post by smurfier »

I suggest using a calc measure to translate the temperature into the range that you desire.

Code: Select all

[msTrans]
Measure=Calc
Formula=msTemp-40
MinValue=0
MaxValue=200
Or something like that. Then use the translated value for the meter.
pentboiler

Re: non-zero minimum value for line meter

Post by pentboiler »

smurfier wrote:I suggest using a calc measure to translate the temperature into the range that you desire.

Code: Select all

[msTrans]
Measure=Calc
Formula=msTemp-40
MinValue=0
MaxValue=200
Or something like that. Then use the translated value for the meter.
Right on! That worked like a charm. I didn't come across calc in the manual.

Thanks much.