It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:21 am

Gnometer Preview Configuration Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JohnDoe2010

Gnometer Preview Configuration Help

Post by JohnDoe2010 »

Ok Guys I am brand new :welcome: so please be patcient with me.

First I like your app and am excited about the possabilities but would like to know if its possiable for the Vertical Bars in Geometer Preview to Slide in and out.? The effect am after is that the desktop is totally empty apart from the wallpaper and if i move the mouse cursor to the right edge of the screen then that Bar slides out and is then visable. If i then take the mouse cursor away from the bar it slides back off the edge of the screen and is then no londer visable. Basically just like the windows task bar at the bottom of the screen or rocketdock if your familiar with that ! I have an Add-On for firefox which also does this within the browser specifically for my bookmarks and find this form of GUI very intuitaive, user friendly and most of all unobtrusive with whatever else im doing.

Second I was wondering if I can edit or configure the paths of the Icons on the individual info panels.What i mean is specifically, the Disk Panel shows the c, d, drive by default and clicking on c takes you to the c drive while d oens a window showing the contents of the d drive. This is great , but if i click the Main Disk Icon on the Disk Menu Title bar it takes me to the C drive when i would likit to take me to My Computer instead. So the 'Path' would need to be edited. Is this possiable at all ?

Also, is there any way to just remove Feeds from the panel on the left as I dont really want or need this funcionallity and would prefer to use the space for other displays?

And can I move the Icon Bar at the top of the screen ? maybe reposition it or remove it altogether as it overlaps rocketdock which i use to launch my most frequently used apps.

Well thats enough for now i supose :)

Keep Up The Good Work.
JpsCrazy

Re: Gnometer Preview Configuration Help

Post by JpsCrazy »

I'll be honest, it's A LOT of questions which can be answered by Rainmeter 101 and The Manual.

For the sliding, it's possible but not practical. The better it looks, the more CPU usage it uses and the more chance of Rainmeter has of crashing. Search around the forums (there is a search button). There's many discussions about it.

You can change the path to My Computer. Read the manual.

Right click on the Feeds and click Close Skin.

And you should be able to just drag the icons to the top.