It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:43 pm

Weather issues

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
DearKaos

Weather issues

Post by DearKaos »

I've been trying for quite awhile (since I downloaded rainmeter a few weeks ago) to get ANY weather skin to work.. None work, I've changed everything and nothing ever shows up.. I'm not sure what's wrong. I've tried finding a solution online, but none seem to work.
Any suggestions?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weather issues

Post by jsmorley »

What is your country and city? If you are in the US, what state/zipcode?

What version of Rainmeter are you running?
DearKaos

Post by DearKaos »

I'm in the United States. The zip code is 92308 and I'm running version 1.2
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DearKaos wrote:I'm in the United States. The zip code is 92308 and I'm running version 1.2
Do any other Rainmeter skins which access the internet (like an RSS feed) work? Trying to pin this down to a configuration issue with weather or a general problem with Rainmeter talking to the internet.
DearKaos

Post by DearKaos »

jsmorley wrote: Do any other Rainmeter skins which access the internet (like an RSS feed) work? Trying to pin this down to a configuration issue with weather or a general problem with Rainmeter talking to the internet.
I haven't tried an RSS feed, I can check that out right now.
DearKaos

Post by DearKaos »

I tried using a news skin and it didn't work.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

So it sounds like it might be a firewall or proxy issue. Rainmeter uses routines that access Internet Explorer behind the scenes. You need to open whatever version of Internet Explorer you have installed and check the proxy / network settings for it to be sure they are correct for IE to get to the internet without issues. If that doesn't fix it, you might try disabling (temporarily) any firewall you have running to see if that is the problem. If so, you will probably need to add some exception for Rainmeter.
DearKaos

Post by DearKaos »

I previously tried disabling the firewall and I can positively say that's not the problem.. But I never thought of the proxy settings.. I'll try that now.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DearKaos wrote:I previously tried disabling the firewall and I can positively say that's not the problem.. But I never thought of the proxy settings.. I'll try that now.
If you are using a proxy which requires authentication (primarily found at school / work / prison) where you have to log in, we are in trouble here. Rainmeter / WebParser does not support authenticated proxy access. What to look for is in the proxy settings for IE, is there a name and password associated with the proxy?
DearKaos

Post by DearKaos »

jsmorley wrote: If you are using a proxy which requires authentication (primarily found at school / work / prison) where you have to log in, we are in trouble here. Rainmeter / WebParser does not support authenticated proxy access. What to look for is in the proxy settings for IE, is there a name and password associated with the proxy?
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, I got busy. I fixed the problem, and all is now working fine. IE had not been working for a really long time, which I kinda noticed but never really paid attention to because I can't stand IE, I'm more of a Firefox fan.. In any case, I just went to Internet Options, through control panel, then Lan Settings and unclicked "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and all's well now.

Thanks for the help.