It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:18 pm

[solved]SpeedFanPlugin.dll not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
zachhcaz22

[solved]SpeedFanPlugin.dll not working

Post by zachhcaz22 »

Hi, I've been using Rainmeter for quite a while now but never really used the SpeedFan program before. I recently downloaded the Led skin suite (you might see my comments there too) and have been having trouble with the TempBar skin included (supposed to measure the GPU and core temps with SpeedFan) because it won't recognize that I have the SpeedFanPlugin.dll and every time I get error messages saying "Rainmeter plugin C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\SpeedFanPlugin.dll not found!" and "The meter [MeterGPU] cannot be bound with [MeasureGPU]" when starting up that skin even though that file is there and SpeedFan is running. I've even tried changing paths, placing the SpeedFanPlugin.dll file in other locations, but it doesn't seem to matter. I've looked through these forums and, if it is here, I must have missed it because I can't see this problem being asked before. If it has been solved, could someone point me to the right thread? If not, I would much appreciate it if anyone could help. I'm using Windows 7 x64 Professional, if that matters.
Last edited by zachhcaz22 on August 8th, 2010, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: SpeedFanPlugin.dll not working

Post by jsmorley »

SpeedFanPlugin.dll not found!

This means you are running a 32bit version of the speedfan .dll file with a 64bit version of Rainmeter or visa versa.

I checked out that led skin. The author, for some unfathomable reason, is including his version of SpeedFanPlugin.dll in the .rmskin when it already comes with Rainmeter. I gather from his comment on devArt that he is running 64bit Rainmeter. So you will need to do a quick re-install of Rainmeter to get the right version of that dll back.

Just install the latest and greatest over top of what you have. All will be well.
zachhcaz22

Re: SpeedFanPlugin.dll not working

Post by zachhcaz22 »

Thanks, that worked perfectly.