It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:21 am

measure=registry with meter=line

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Scolex

measure=registry with meter=line

Post by Scolex »

I am trying to create a graph using measure=registry and meter=line and it does not work correctly, I only get a straight line with no fluctuation.
Do the meters not support registry or am I missing something.
I have tried way too many things to list but the gist of it is:

Code: Select all

[CPU1]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\Lavalys\Everest\SensorValues
RegValue=Value.SCPU1UTI
CPUId=1

[CPU1Graph1]
Meter=Line
MeasureName=CPU1
X=0
Y=4
H=43
W=180
LineCount=1
LineColor=[msTint]
DynamicVariables=1
AntiAlias=1

[load]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=CPU1
X=160
Y=r
StringAlign=RIGHT
FontColor=#fontColor.Text#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontFace=#FontName#
AntiAlias=1
PostFix="%"
I have tried with and without Max/MinValue
w & w/o quotes around the min/max values, w & w/o the decimal, and many others things that to be honest I have forgot.
I searched for MaxValue and MinValue but everything I found didn't reference a meter other than string so I beg you HELP me out.
Does meters other than STRING not support Registry?
If this looks like it should work and you need to see the full skin to see if there is an error let me know!

I love this app so far for the most part so I mean no disrespect to anyone but IMHO the online manual associated with this program leaves a lot to be desired since there are many features listed that don't have complete examples to shoe the proper syntax to be used with them or examples that show all of the options.
For example Min/MaxValue should they be: Min/MaxValue=xxx or Min/MaxValue="xxx"
Without proper syntax examples a new person may make changes to try and troubleshoot the skin that aren't needed.
I would be more than happy to donate web space for example code or skin captures to help out.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: measure=registry with meter=line

Post by jsmorley »

On the measure returning the value you are going to graph with a Line meter, you need

MinValue=xx
MaxValue=yy

No quotes are required.

We are continuing to improve the manual over time. We fully grant that it is far from perfect now, (although it has already come a long way from what it originally was) and additional example code is a primary objective. Stay tuned. Thanks for the offer of space, that won't be needed, but we appreciate it.