It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:30 pm

Clicking the W7 desktop button hides raimeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mattk50

Clicking the W7 desktop button hides raimeter

Post by mattk50 »

how can i make it so rainmeter still shows when i click the desktop button? feels a bit pointless having rainmeter when i cant see it when i go to the desktop :P
poiru
Developer

Re: Clicking the W7 desktop button hides raimeter

Post by poiru »

mattk50 wrote:how can i make it so rainmeter still shows when i click the desktop button? feels a bit pointless having rainmeter when i cant see it when i go to the desktop :P
Upgrade to latest beta (1.3), then right-click on skin -> Position -> On Desktop.
mattk50

Post by mattk50 »

thanks, it worked

is there any way to make the click area on skins more than just the text? having to line up the mouse with the lines is a bit silly, is there a way to enable a click able box around skins?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

mattk50 wrote:thanks, it worked

is there any way to make the click area on skins more than just the text? having to line up the mouse with the lines is a bit silly, is there a way to enable a click able box around skins?
Yes. Edit the skin and add SolidColor=0,0,0,1 under all instances of Meter=STRING.
Oz_Geo

Post by Oz_Geo »

mattk50 wrote:how can i make it so rainmeter still shows when i click the desktop button? feels a bit pointless having rainmeter when i cant see it when i go to the desktop :P
I'm using version 1.2, and forced the above by changing all occurances of the following value in the rainmeter.ini file:

AlwaysOnTop=x <-- change this value (may be 0 or 1 etc)
AlwaysOnTop=-2 <-- to this value.
mattk50

Post by mattk50 »

poiru wrote: Yes. Edit the skin and add SolidColor=0,0,0,1 under all instances of Meter=STRING.
just put it right under it? that does not work for me.

nevermind, i just needed to refresh the skin. thanks for all the help