It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:54 pm

Xtrem AppLauncher

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Marmalada

Xtrem AppLauncher

Post by Marmalada »

If anyone has used Xtrem AppLauncher in rainmeter, I need some help modifying it. The launcher looks like this:

PLAY

MUSIC

MOVIES

PICTURES

COMPUTER

DOCUMENTS

When you hover your mouse over a heading or click one, a smaller sub menu appears to the right and down. My PLAY heading works with my game titles listed properly and when you click a title the game runs. The problem I ran into and can't get around is that for the other headings I want to list the stuff in them like my PLAY heading but not only with their titles. Like for my movie heading I want to display the thumbnails of the movies I have saved on my computer. For my pictures heading I want a small preview image of the pictures on my computer displayed. If anyone who has/uses this launcher and has maybe modified to something like I want here could help me out it would really help.
brijamelsh

Re: Xtrem AppLauncher

Post by brijamelsh »

If you have seperate jpegs saved for thumbnails you can just replace the text with a image. Theres info on images in the manual.
Marmalada

Post by Marmalada »

Thanks for the reply, I'll see if it helps me out.
brijamelsh

Post by brijamelsh »

Try it first, but if you get stuck post the original code so we can look at it and help you out.
Marmalada

Post by Marmalada »

So I ended up getting stuck. I was working on the PICTURE sub menu but I can't get my first picture to appear. Here is the code for Pictures and the submenu:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Pictures

[MeterPicture]
Meter=STRING
X=2
Y=350
FontFace=Arial
FontSize=20
FontColor=255, 255, 255, 200
StringAlign=LEFT
StringStyle=Bold
AntiAlias=1
Text="PICTURES"

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterToggleMeter MeterJPG] [!RainmeterToggleMeter MeterJ]

MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterToggleMeter MeterJPG] [!RainmeterToggleMeter MeterJ] [!RainmeterRedraw]

;LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRedraw] [!RainmeterShowMeter MeterJPG] [!RainmeterShowMeter MeterJ]
;MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter MeterJPG] [!RainmeterShowMeter MeterJ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; PictureSubMenu

[MeterJ]
Meter=IMAGE
X=230
Y=355
ImageAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Image="Catherine Zeta Jones.jpg"
Hidden=1

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRedraw][""][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterJPG][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterJ] [!RainmeterRedraw]

MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter MeterJo]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter MeterJo] [!RainmeterRedraw]

[MeterJo]
Meter=IMAGE
X=150
Y=155
ImageAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Image="Catherine Zeta Jones.jpg"
Hidden=1
Marmalada

Post by Marmalada »

Actually don't bother responding, I've found a better skin than this that I will use instead.