It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:06 pm

Help with Accuweather or Replacement Script.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Evockzi

Help with Accuweather or Replacement Script.

Post by Evockzi »

Got my Desktop done now all except Missing Weather.

It is done by Accuweather in the .ini , but I can't find anywhere a way to find the code, the one site what google keeps bringing me too doesn't seem to be working anymore, I can find my City with Accuweather but I'm not sure how to bring a code off there.

Worst case senario, I will just replace the script with a different Weather service that will work, but I'm not 100% sure how to do that.

I'm looking for a code in this sort of Format.

EUR|IT|IT015|PALERMO
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with Accuweather or Replacement Script.

Post by Alex2539 »

The Accuweather feed is no longer functional. You will need to find a weather skin that uses another website, such as weather.com or Yahoo weather.
ImageImageImageImage
Evockzi

Post by Evockzi »

Ok I figured something was up with it, is there a thread that can help me figure out how to code another one in to my Current skin? All I am reading from it is Forecast Temp or Current temp.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Evockzi wrote:Ok I figured something was up with it, is there a thread that can help me figure out how to code another one in to my Current skin? All I am reading from it is Forecast Temp or Current temp.
Download some weather-skin and study that.
Or just read the pages on WebParser as that is what you will be using.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Evockzi

Post by Evockzi »

If I download another skin should it be as easy as replacing all the script and editing the current script to pull an integer from the new script?

I have am fairly fluent in Visual Basics but this code is a bit new to me so I'm not sure how to set up another variable for it pull off of if it comes down to that.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Evockzi wrote:If I download another skin should it be as easy as replacing all the script and editing the current script to pull an integer from the new script?

I have am fairly fluent in Visual Basics but this code is a bit new to me so I'm not sure how to set up another variable for it pull off of if it comes down to that.
As easy as what? What you do with to get the weather is pull data from some site, no more to it than that.
Like I said, download a weather-skin and study that. The more you see the code, the easier it will be to grasp and understand.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
TheCuriosity

Post by TheCuriosity »

What I did was I went into this thread: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4873 and picked one of the options listed (not all work internationally, so depending on your location there may be some trial and error.) From the option I chose I took the url noted (after adding the correct code for my location by following the instructions in said thread), and went into the weather skin I wanted to fix. There I would find where the current website is written and replace it with the new one. Usually it is near the top in the VARIABLE section (eg the first URL= **website address here** you see.) The individual that wrote the code usually puts instructions on how to find your correct code just above it (which most likely no longer relevant to your new web address, but may make it easier to find.)

Not sure if this works for ALL weather skins as I am not sure if there are other variations in some codes that would require changing too, but it worked for me so far!