It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:16 pm

Looking for Specific Setup.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Evockzi

Looking for Specific Setup.

Post by Evockzi »

I had rainmeter previously but I had no clue it could integrate with Task bar and change it all together.

After getting basically all of my Wallpapers from 4walled, seeing this ones guys submissions with his screen shot showing his Task bar just is getting to me and I want to set it up, After being pointed here from another forum I am wondering what do I have to do to semi-replicate this?
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Looking for Specific Setup.

Post by Alex2539 »

Apparently that image doesn't exist. Since I can't see it, I have no clue what you want.

I should tell you though that Rainmeter can't create a real taskbar. It can create launch bars that open up specific programs, which are sometimes naively called "taskbars", but a real taskbar is pretty much out of the question. If it's a matter of integrating Rainmeter skins into the existing taskbar, then you can sort of accomplish this by using a slim skin and forcing it on top of the taskbar. Again, Rainmeter has nothing to do with the actual taskbar so real integration is out of the question.
ImageImageImageImage
Evockzi

Post by Evockzi »

Ah crap the image went down, Like I said I'm not entirely sure how this was accomplished, Windows Blinds... Or Rainmeter or anything best clue I have gotten so far that it was rainmeter so I don't know.

It appears the Link to the image went down but I attached it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

It looks like what they did is hide the taskbar and make a rainmeter skin that has shortcuts to their programs. As far as I know, no-one has succeeded in truly integrating rainmeter into a taskbar.
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Evockzi

Post by Evockzi »

Ah I could imagine doing that I guess, I just was put off by the start looking button in the corner.
Evockzi

Post by Evockzi »

A guy on another forum figured it out its called the Dark Glass Skin.
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

Yeah, that start looking button really does open the start menu. We have succeeded in making rainmeter shortcuts to that as well, but like I said, no-one has truly integrated rainmeter into the taskbar, they merely add taskbar shortcuts and replace the taskbar with rainmeter. It would be an awesome selling point if the windows guys replaced the taskbar system AND the gadgets system with rainmeter. not only would rainmeter get enough profit to remain open source without donations, but rainmeter would get a lot more fans and windows would beat apple (not that apple is bad, but windows has so many more compatible programs and a lot more options. (I do use iTunes and love how good apple programs are, but i've always enjoyed the PCs versatility and how easy it is to find compatible FREE programs).

Oh, and by the way, here is where to download it http://www.themebin.com/rainmeter-skins/dark-glass-rainmeter/

Edit:Downloaded it and love it! I'm making an iTunes skin for those loyal apple users or people who just like iTunes
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Aarowaim wrote: It would be an awesome selling point if the windows guys replaced the taskbar system AND the gadgets system with rainmeter. not only would rainmeter get enough profit to remain open source without donations, but rainmeter would get a lot more fans and windows would beat apple (not that apple is bad, but windows has so many more compatible programs and a lot more options. (I do use iTunes and love how good apple programs are, but i've always enjoyed the PCs versatility and how easy it is to find compatible FREE programs).
Yes. It would be. But this is windows (which is Microsoft) we are talking about. Windows is closed source and will probably never move to something that is open source, they would probably loose their entire business. If you really want something FREE, take a look at Linux...
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Also, by its very nature Rainmeter would have terrible performance compared to the actual taskbar. The resource usage just to reach the same level of usability would skyrocket assuming it functioned that way Rainmeter does now.
ImageImageImageImage
Aarowaim

Post by Aarowaim »

Dang, that's too bad. Well, it's the thought that counts ;) .