It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:27 am

Webparser.dll Not found Error with All web related skins.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
betettaj

Webparser.dll Not found Error with All web related skins.

Post by betettaj »

Hey, like the title says, I'm having an issue with the webparser with just about all the skins I have downloaded. I really can't figure out what the problem is since I've tried editing it a few times and looking around for some help online. I couldn't find my solution to my problems in the forums either(I've been looking for 3 days straight prior to me signing up). So Lemme give you guys a rundown of what I have.

I have Windows Vista Home Edition, Service Package 2
I downloaded Rainmeter from the zip and extracted it to "My Documents" folder. I have the 64 bit release version of Rainmeter 1.2. I tried reinstalling the 64 bit version again but with no avail.

I'm also trying to setup my Gmail for the other skins but i keep getting that webparser error. If there's anything else I can provide, let me know. I'm really bent on figuring this out.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Webparser.dll Not found Error with All web related skins.

Post by jsmorley »

Why are you installing the Rainmeter application to My Documents? This is one of the few ways to try to break Rainmeter that might just work, as I suspect this is completely confusing Rainmeter about where skins and such are. If you ran it in My Documents by making it understand that it is a "portable" installation, (renaming Default.ini to Rainmeter.ini BEFORE you run the app) then this should work. If you just dumped Rainmeter into My Documents and ran it, I predict this will not end well.

You may well be a computer expert par excellence and know exactly what you are doing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and just pretend that you aren't and don't. In this admittedly unlikely scenario, the solution to your problem is going to be found by following the instructions (at least one of them, regular, manual or portable) here:

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Installation
betettaj

Re: Webparser.dll Not found Error with All web related skins.

Post by betettaj »

"This would normally be C:\Program Files\Rainmeter, but can be any folder location."

I've had rainmeter before but left it alone for awhile. I had set it up working well with the weather, not so much the email but that was the least of my concerns. Anyway, at the time, I had it installed in My Documents and didn't have a webparser error with HUD Vision AccuWeather at all. I set up like the instructions and worked fine. I deleted the contents of my document for security purposes and along with it, rainmeter so I just like reinstalled it like I did before and now this error popped up.

As of right now, while typing this, I'm not having any errors with the webparser in the weather skins section. Everything seems to be connecting properly.

When you said to rename he .ini fiel to Rainmeter from Default, that would've corrected my initial problem, right? Still sorta new to this whole rainmeter business since I was just messing around with it before.