It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:25 am

Text links - how can I get mine solid?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
guitarist

Text links - how can I get mine solid?

Post by guitarist »

Hi All!

I have a nice tab bar with 4 clickable text 'links'. The whole area of the text is clickable, even between the letters, inside letters and a bit around the outside.

However in my CPU temp tool, I have a link to launch Speedfan...the launching itself is perfect, but clicking on the text takes a few tries to hit it, as it's only about size 6 and the pixels between letters and such aren't clickable.

Is there any way to make the block of text clickable? Something similar to the CSS 'display: block' I guess...I tried looking through other configs but can't see anything to change the clicable area of text or anything?

Thanks!!!
Reflex

Re: Text links - how can I get mine solid?

Post by Reflex »

Add a background to it. For example:

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,0,0,2
X=#
Y=#
H=#
W=#
LeftMouseDownAction=!blah blah blah blah

Make sure that the background is in the right spot, and make sure you move the bang (MouseAction) from the text to the backdrop. Hope it helps.
guitarist

Post by guitarist »

Perfect, thanks!

Whereas I didn't really want a background to the text, it a) doesn't look too bad at all and, b) made me realise a transparent image would be able to go there as a solid-yet-transparent background.

Thanks for the help!
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

You can also just add "SolidColor=0,0,0,1" to each of the string meters. That will give each one its own invisible background that is the same size as the textm making it easier to click.
ImageImageImageImage