It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:53 am

iTunes, Run and Toggle

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Cloaky

iTunes, Run and Toggle

Post by Cloaky »

Well, I am new with Rainmeter so I am quiet lost on how to do things, yesterday I went to IRC and a few guys helped me a bit with this and I am getting there :).
I wanna have a button that run iTunes if it is closed and Toggle (Hide/Show) if it is already running. As far as I could understand from yesterday, I could check if the process is running and then assign a action to the button.

Thanks in advance!
Aarowaim

Re: iTunes, Run and Toggle

Post by Aarowaim »

Now here is something I tried to do first off. I recommend you edit the enigma sidebar music player so that you learn a bit of the language. For now, make sure that you have a meter (button or visual) for every measure (command/request).
Visit here http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-iTunes for iTunes Commands (Bangs), If you want to to display iTunes by left-clicking on a button, here is a sample script to show you how.
NOTE: anything in red isn't needed, but helps to keep your script organized. Anything in blue should NOT be used and is only there to explain what goes there
[SampleScript]

;Measures

[InsertCommandNameHere]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\iTunesPlugin.dll
Command=ToggleiTunes

;Meters

[InsertMeterNameHere]
Meter=Image
ImageName(Enter an image path)
X=(Insert any number here 1 is 1 pixel to the right, -100 is 100 pixels to the left)
Y=(Insert any number here)
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "CommandThatYouWantToActivate"]
Here is that sample script properly formatted
[SampleScript]

[Toggle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\iTunesPlugin.dll
Command=ToggleiTunes

[InsertMeterNameHere]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#SKINSPATH#SampleScript\Images\Togglebutton.png
X=0
Y=0
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "Toggle"]
This will only work if iTunes is open.

To open iTunes when iTunes is not running, LeftMouseDownAction=!execute ["C:\Program Files\iTunes
\iTunes.exe"
Away for a while :(
Programming isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle choice.
[url=http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1207][b]T34M V.1.5.0.|2[/b][/url] <----I'ts l33t, look it up

Coding Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Answering Skills: [color=#00FFFF]4[/color]
Image Editing: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]
Knowledge: [color=#00FFFF]4.5[/color]
Technical Skills: [color=#00FFFF]3[/color]