It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:27 am

Help with Gamespy

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GoTTeM

Re: Help with Gamespy

Post by GoTTeM »

I got it to work just by putting the id of the name of the server but then i edited my gnometer style.inc and everything dissapeared D:
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

Ok i got it to work, and now i understand alot about what to do for that matter. now i was wondering is there a way to show mIRC messages on your desktop using rainmeter?
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Not very well, no. The only way I could find to do it was to read directly from the log file and show the last X messages. Unfortunately, if the update is too high or if it reads the log at the same time as mIRC writes to it, the file is "locked" by WebParser, so the log is not updated properly. At a high update rate, this means that you will almost never see new messages appear, and at a lower update rate there's still the chance of missing messages from time to time.

If you still want to do it, then you'll want to look into WebParser and RegExp. All you need to do is have WebParser read the log file and then write a RegExp that will get as many of the last lines as you need. With the RegExp, you're going to want to play around with the "greedy" and "ungreedy" options (the U in "?siU") so that it finds the last lines instead of the first ones. This is a good site to get information on some of the more complicated aspects of regular expressions.
ImageImageImageImage
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

would i have to refresh my rainmeter alot??
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

No, the skin updates itself. The only reason you would need to refresh is if you changed which log file you were reading.
ImageImageImageImage