It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:59 am

Help with Gamespy

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GoTTeM

Help with Gamespy

Post by GoTTeM »

Hi, this is my first post.

Let me start off by saying I LOVE RAINMETER. best thing i have ever downloaded :D it works absolutley great.

Well here is my problem: I play a game on my computer called Command and Conquer: Renegade. The game is about 7 years old i believe. What i want to be able to do is to show on my desktop using Rainmeter which servers are available, through Gamespy ( i'm not sure how that works, i have researched this and looked at other rainmeter addon's and ibelieve it has something to do with possibly a gamespy plugin) I want the rainmeter to show how many players are in the servers, the servers ping, and if it requires a password or not. If anybody is able to help with this, it would be a miracle.

Thank you Rainmeter Forum members, and i am sorry if my english was unclear.

Sincerly, A Sad Gamer :P.
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Help with Gamespy

Post by JamesAC »

:welcome:

If the information you want is available freely on the internet then what you want is definately possible. You just need to find a webpage which shows the information you want.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

http://www.blackintel.org/renegade/xwiswol

here is a website that shows what servers are currently available, i',m sorry i am very bad with coding so idk how i can make the content of that website show on my desktop
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Yeah that is definitely doable.

Your looking for a RegExp along the lines: (?siU)<th>.*<td>(.*)</td>.*<td>(.*)</td>.*<td>(.*)</td>.*<td>(.*)</td>.*<td>(.*)</td>.*

That line should give you host, name, map, players and details of the item on the first row.
For me atm that's: A00, Jelly-Server.com [AOW], C&C Complex, 12/40, DE, LA, TR, DG, BR

Study other Webparser skins to see how you can use this.
Also read the pages on it in the documentation.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

@Chewtoy

Could i use that line in a rssfeed script?
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

This didnt work too well.. i see a bunch of codes
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

You got the info, so there's no problem with the regexp. You just need to break down the info in to different StingIndex.
Take a look at how a weatherskin works. It's better to study that than a note-skin.
And no, no rss feed. Unless they have their own.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

I give up.. wow -.- sorry for waisting your time man. your input was much appreciated. this is just too hard for me, i still love rainmeter though!
GoTTeM

Post by GoTTeM »

Ok so i decided to give it another go last night, i worked on it for 30 mins or so and i think i understand part of it, but one thing i need help with now is that the server i want to show is not showing

Currently the server showing is Jelly-Server [AOW] which is at the top of the server list on http://www.blackintel.org/renegade/xwiswol

But The server i want to show is ~ tEh L337 Snipers ~ which is about 10 rows down, i'm not sure how to do this, if anybody can help (:

you can look at the screenshot below and visit the link above to understand what i mean
Last edited by jsmorley on July 20th, 2010, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to use [hsimg][/hsimg] for large images
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Will the server always have the same name??

If so you could use this Regexp to get the map, players and details sections. If it wont always have the same name or if you want to know the name of the server it will take a bit more thought.

Note, you will have to change your stringindexes if you use this regexp.

Also, please use the HSimg tags for large images

Edit: 1, i forgot to post the RegExp :Embarrassed:

2, This is a better Regexp: (?siU)<td>(.{9})</td>.{4}(?=<td>~ tEh L337 Snipers ~</td>).*<td>(.*)</td>.*<td>(.*)</td>.*<td>(.*)</td>

As long as the name stays the same that will fit with your current skin fine and only give info about that one server.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?