It is currently April 24th, 2024, 12:29 pm

(Solved) Hacking the Uptime meter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Captain Mayhem

(Solved) Hacking the Uptime meter

Post by Captain Mayhem »

That got your attention.

I'm making my very first skin, and got an absolute ton of help in the IRC channel for most of the time whenever I got stuck. This little problem didn't get solved though, so I'm continuing my quest for glory by asking here (easier to be understood properly when you can type walls of text, don't you agree?)

So anyway, my idea for the skin is pretty much an angled text for information like time, dates... And the uptime.
Unfortunately, I don't think Rainmeter supports that kind of stuff. So I decided to make the entire thing out of images that swap each other out. Ezpz, but it did get a little tough when I came to the dual numbers (like in "54 minutes"). Since it's angled, each number needed to have a unique image file. The lovely people in the IRC channel provided me with a pair of Calc formulaes, and it worked like a charm.

Then I got to the uptime, and... It didn't work. I did everything I knew, read everywhere I could find, but didn't manage to fix the problem.

Enough drama. Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:

Code: Select all

[MeasureUptimeDays]
Measure=Uptime
Format=%4!02i!

;--------------------------

[MeasureCalcUpDay1]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(TRUNC(MeasureUptimeDays / 10))
Substitute=(substituting number 0-9 from here with an image each)

[MeasureCalcUpDay2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureUptimeDays%10
Substitute=(same here, only a different set of pictures)

;--------------------------

[MeterUptimeDays1]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureCalcUpDay1
X=##
Y=##
W=##
H=##

[MeterUptimeDays2]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureCalcUpDay2
X=##
Y=##
W=##
H=##
This exact thing worked for the regular Measure=Time thingies, but not here. I was told I should add "DynamicVariables=1" to the Calc and put the MeasureUptimeDays there into [brackets], but that didn't work unfortunately.

Strange thing is, the result does move around. But the first number stays put at 0, while the other counts from 0-9. It appears to match the computer uptime seconds timer.
It's the same thing for all three pairs of numbers (days, hours, minutes. I don't want to use seconds).

So, I'm turning my questions here in hope of salvation and glorious victory. Plz halp?

Oh, and the "hacking" part was just a kick of boredom. Didn't want a boring looking topic.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot the technical stuff. Windows 7 32bit, laptop, no antivirus (no need really, just steals memory). Anything else needed?

EDIT2: Alex2539 and Chewtoy solved it :D Thanks a ton!